Advice on selling an army

ChaplainUller

Greetings,

Unfortunately, my wife was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. Like most of us, I have far too many armies for too many systems. As much as I love my Thousand Sons, I have not had the oppurtunity to play them in over 2 years. With the mrs. not wroking, money is tight so it's time to liquidate.

What do you suggest is the best way to sell them? As a whole army or break them up. I have:

2 painted sacred number squads

2 painted Forge World TS Dreads

1 TLLC Pred w/ LC sponsons

Ahriman modded on a disc

a squad unpainted

Chaos Sorc in Termie armor based coated with Scibor egyptian bits

plastic termies base coated with Scibor Egyptian bits

warp beast

some chosen made from chaos marines and bits

a couple of old metal sorcerers

imperial psykers for thralls (from back when we had them)

a bunch of chaos bits

my goal is to sell them on ebay in a way that makes it easy but to try and get as much as possible.

Suggestions?

From selling of a couple of previous armies I've found the best way to do it, for me anyway, is by squad/unit/Character.

Not everyone is willing to fork out the huge lumpsum needed to by a complete army in one go

Ive bought a lot of used stuff, and I perfer to buy them by unit, character, squad,etc.

I would only put it up as a whole if you can't sell them individualy and you NEED the cash. You won't maximise profit, but if you need the cash fast, well...

When you put this stuff up drop me a pm, im definatly intrested in those dreads...

FYI, it's also always best to sell it off to locals if you can. Ebay + Paypal will take about 10-15% of your sales price in fees depending on to many factors to list.... So, make sure in your auction you put your email address so people can try to contact you off (ebay) to purchase the items.

Also if you have low feedback your probably going to have a harder time... so I hope you have some good ebay feedback.

Thanks for the advice and well-wishes. I hope to put them up this weekend. Is it okay to post a link here? I thought it was against the rules.

ChaplainUlle - Yes selling or trade on the Bolter & Chainsword fourm is against the fourm rules. So we can not have any links in post, topic & PM.

Fourm Rules -

No trading or selling posts

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=22

However there are fourm set up with a selling & trade area like Warseer, Heresy OnLine & Dakka.

IP

However, the posting of a link to your own auction/store is permissible in your signature, given some restrictions.

'Finally, you are free to have links to your store/auctions/forums/etc. in your signature so long as they are not large size text or otherwise obtrusive to general posting. It is at moderators discretion to edit or removed links if they find the material to be questionable.'

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=22

Further down the page in the post entitled 'Advertising' by the gracious Brother Tyler.

The ONLY site I would selling my models online via is Ebay. And only after I exhausted the local scene. Protect yourself, and protect your customer.

Archived