paintng Ravenwing and Deathwing Apothacary

Hidicul

Former xeno player using Dark Vengence as an excuse to start a Unforgiven army. I've tried the search as well as tried finding the info elsewhere and come up empty. I'm going to do a multiwing army using both Belil and Sammeal, but I can't figure out what color to paint the two apothacaries armour. Can anyone help please.

Your search-fu is weak young padawan;

March10k is right, however also right is to paint the armour in the colour of the company and paint the helmet white.

DA Dex: p59 shows a white PA Apoth, but states either the whole armour or the helmet can be painted white.

p60 shows the Apoth of the 4th Co. with green armour and white helmet,

p65 shows the DW Apoth with bone armour and a white hood, knee and fist.

Older Dexes also vary, I don't have mine handy but that is the latest info.

I think the choice is yours, gotta love our flexibility :D

Also: Welcome to the Rock (and the BnC) Brother.

Stobz

My guys are Angels of Vengeance, so some of my coloring is a bit different from traditional Ravenwing, but I favor the full white armor.

http://home.comcast.net/~kotobuki99/wh40k/Vengeance/bikerapoth.jpg

I will say, if we get actual RW veterans for RW command squads I'm going to have to re-do this guy in robes. I think that'll take away some from him.

My guys are Angels of Vengeance, so some of my coloring is a bit different from traditional Ravenwing, but I favor the full white armor.

http://home.comcast.net/~kotobuki99/wh40k/Vengeance/bikerapoth.jpg

I will say, if we get actual RW veterans for RW command squads I'm going to have to re-do this guy in robes. I think that'll take away some from him.

Great model. I really like the pipes. What did you use for those?if you dont mine me asking.

Thanks guys. I don't have a dex yet, have to wait a couple weeks. I opted for DV instead. The shop has let me sit down with the codex so I can figure out my army so I know what to order, but haven't had a chance to check the painted pages as of yet. I'd also like to know what you used for the sick pipes.

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/jonbrooks_photo/Dark%20Angels/Deathwing/CIMG2663.jpg

This was my take on the DW Apothacary if it helps....

The all white RW Apothocary may not be the way to go if you are planning to do the feathers white on the bike. It may be just too much.

You could try the helmet/a pauldron and a knee pad in white with the red Apothocary icon on them.

Great model. I really like the pipes. What did you use for those?if you dont mine me asking.

Thanks guys. I don't have a dex yet, have to wait a couple weeks. I opted for DV instead. The shop has let me sit down with the codex so I can figure out my army so I know what to order, but haven't had a chance to check the painted pages as of yet. I'd also like to know what you used for the sick pipes.

I'm glad you guys like the pipes. They're simply 1/8" round styrene tube that I cut at a (roughly) 45° angle. Drilled out the stock exhaust and stuck them in there. It's the only not bone-stock thing I've done for the bikes, and I think it makes a fantastic difference. Really sort of brings it to life, I think. All my bikes are going to have it. It's so easy to do, and I think it adds so much, that there's really no reason not to. I don't remember what lengths I used, but it's all sort of eyeballed, anyway.

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/jonbrooks_photo/Dark%20Angels/Deathwing/CIMG2663.jpg

This was my take on the DW Apothacary if it helps....

The all white RW Apothocary may not be the way to go if you are planning to do the feathers white on the bike. It may be just too much.

You could try the helmet/a pauldron and a knee pad in white with the red Apothocary icon on them.

That looks cool. I was trying to do it without buying two models I wasn't even going to be useing half of, but now that I've decided to make them Angels of Malice I'm gona have to bite the bullet and buy two of them since the only way to represent them with my paint schem is to use the back pack pieces. Thanks for the help though. By the end of the month or next month I'll have them done for my vows.

Archived