Models on a parapet

Captain Idaho

One of my tricks when dealing with a large vehicle or things like the Fortress of Remption is to drop an Orbital Bombardment on it, which as we know can cause a serious amount of pain, especially in 6th now I only have to touch those models with the Blast Marker.

So what happens if I shoot a Fortress with parapet that has models hiding on top? Are they hit as well as the building? What I I'm targetting the models on top, does the building get hit also?

What about walkways; if I hit the bunker next to it, does that mean the blast hits the walkway because it's under the blast, despite being at differing heights (elevation with a small "e")? Are the models on top the walkway also hit?

It's my understanding that, as the direction of the shot is the centre of the Blast marker, combined with the blasts rules, means yes everything under the target that is an available target is hit. It's clear to me, but I can see people getting upset about it when I drop an Orbital Bombardment onto the Fortress of Remption which proceeds to ignore cover since models are hit from the centre of the blast, then also destroy a tower, bunker and walkway in one hit also.

Personally I think it's well deserved for hiding your models behind a massive building, but other people might get upset.

Since there are no rules I can find that say otherwise, I'd rule it as follows:

1. Blasts hit both the models on top and the building. (the last paragraph under Assault the Battlements says so)

2. Elevation does not matter for buildings. Only ruins use different "heights" so a blast/barrage would hit everything under the template, including differently heighted building parts, guys on top, and guys on the ground floor outside who are standing too close.

It doesn't matter than people may get upset, that's how the rules work.

Yeah, it makes sense since models are different heights and if you hit a Landraider the Marine next to it can still be hit.

I sooooo hope I get to use this trick on someone in the tournament I'm attending in October. Wouldn't it be glorious to wipe out 3 buildings and maul the units on top and inside them, all with a single shot!

Archived