Blood Angel Captain

Hey guys this is my latest finished piece. It's the captain model from assault on black reach painted up as a blood angel.

I wanted to improve my speed and quality with him and the rest if the assault on black reach set. Normally I'd spend well over 10 hours on this guy but to this point I've spent around 6.

Anyway enough from me, enjoy these pics!

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/WarForgeStudios/6A84E0F4-CBEB-4792-B501-59C0AA894F5F-2196-00000252F08E050D.jpg

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/WarForgeStudios/D48A8E70-9B88-401F-835A-B36AF5ADB306-2196-00000252F2A4F9A9.jpg

Nice job man, speed painting or not. The freehand on the back of the cloack is very good especially.

I'm not sure I like the use of purple as a spot color though. It kind of blends into the red a bit too much in my opinon. But, that doesn't take away from the technical quality. Good job, let's see some more!

-CH

I can dig it. I really like the model, and it is pretty dang good for only taking six hours to paint. I don't care for that sculpt, but you definitely made it look good. The only complaint I have is about the freehand. It looks pretty flat compared to the banner on the backpack. I know that the backpack banner is part of the sculpt, but its the contrast I am talking about.

Great stuff, brother.

Excellent work Astrador. The speed and the skill with which you paint is astounding! Anything else in the works (be it PA or something else)?

Ludovic

Cheers my friend. I have a job for a company of Deathwing Terminators. The first 20 are almost complete just some touch ups and finishing the bases. I should have photos tomorrow I hope!

I believe there is a link to my CMoN Blog which has my non PA stuff.

Wow, for 6 hours work that is an incredible feat of painting!

I really love how vibrant the models armour appears and the feehand on the cloak is better than anything i'm able to paint, even if I spent all day trying.

Nicely done.

Mike.

Cheers! I just practice on paper before I do it on the model, using basic shapes and guides to get the final shape. If you look close it's not proportionate or the same design on both sides ^_^

Just keep practicing and you'll get there!

I can dig it. I really like the model, and it is pretty dang good for only taking six hours to paint. I don't care for that sculpt, but you definitely made it look good. The only complaint I have is about the freehand. It looks pretty flat compared to the banner on the backpack. I know that the backpack banner is part of the sculpt, but its the contrast I am talking about.

Great stuff, brother.

I wasn't sure if I wanted NMM Gold or Bone on the banner, so I ended up with bone, but I chose not to blackline it.I didn't want to spend to much time on him for a TT project! lol

Fantastic work! I can't wait to paint my black reach Captain now!

As long as you don't paint him an Ultramarine you will be fine!

Archived