[commission] Dark Vengeance set

lilloser

Hey Ho,

Following up on the review I thought i'd compile a bunch of tutorials on how to paint the miniatures from the Dark Vengeance set. I will be opening a chaotic log soon but couldn't wait to shared progress so far.

Here is the first part of the first tutorial that deals with How To Paint Deathwing Armour;

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x450/LilLoser2011/Deathwing7.jpg

Linky

Finished pictures to come.

LilLoser

Cheers for all the replies guys!

The armour is based off the original artwork for the Deathwing. I'm not a fan of the newer beige Deathwing squads - plus the cooler armour tone was essential for the contrast with the chipping.

I've completed the squad and they can be found in the Hall of Honour section of this website, or here

The armour on this Termie looks superb and the tutorial is top notch too. If I had an airbrush I'd give this a try myself, but as I don't just now (it's on my list of essential hobby things to get but new mini purchases keep pushing it back down, still my birthday and Christmas are coming... :D). Also although I've used pencil graphite on some tanks recently I never thought to use it on mini's too (not sure why) but I'll definitely be trying it out now. I'm not been the biggest fan of the bone coloured armour that the Deathwing have evolved as I too remember the original white scheme from 'Deathwing' and it's great to see a refreshing new take on it. Looking forward to seeing more of your work,

cheers

James

++ edit ++ just checked out some of the other work on your blog and I'm still trying to lift my jaw off of my keyboard... ++ edit ++

I just bought this mini off of eBay and am currently engaged in some mental painting exercises to try and figure out the best way to adapt the weathered white look you've achieved to my abilities, available resources and painting style... Sometime in the next few months, probably around the time Dark Angel fever died down, I might have even gotten around to painting the damn thing :lol:.

James

Archived