Different rule book cover?

Brother Tancred

I was just flicking through the starters manuel in the Dark Vengence set and on the last double page telling the new gamer where to go next there is a picture of the rulebook and some codexes. As I looked closer the DA captain on the front had a different weapons loadout in a powerfist and bolt pistol :woot:. It looks really cool, probably the artist did a couple of different designs before the plasma/sword combo was decided but just thought it was interesting :lol:

Just checked; the German edition has the normal cover on that page. Care to post a scan?

Don't have a scanner but took a quick pic,

http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo73/CallumM27/DSCN0577.jpg

Hope you can see it ok, pg 49 in the How to play 40K book of DV set.

It's not a power fist. It's pretty obvious he's a librarian, what with the glowy head and everything. Artists tend to forget things like armor color and such when making stuff.

The glowy head is in a kind of halo shape, you see. And underneath that...energy field, it's probably made or iron. Or represents iron.

That said...what are those tubes coming from his gorget...

I guess GW magnetise, also.

I really like everything about the cover except how utterly awful the proportioning/perspective is. Seriously, it looks like he has a child's right arm grafted onto his body, it's so tiny in scale to the rest of him. It looks like it'd barely get to his waist if he hung his arm.

It's not a power fist. It's pretty obvious he's a librarian, what with the glowy head and everything. Artists tend to forget things like armor color and such when making stuff.

It's pretty obvious that his fist is far too big to be anything but a powerfist, unless GW plan to make a force fist weapon :mellow:

It's pretty obvious that his fist is far too big to be anything but a powerfist, unless GW plan to make a force fist weapon :mellow:

Ooooh! Force fist! Better yet, force thunderhammer...wait, that's too close to a daemonhammer, LOL.

I'd say it's a power fist that's actually too small... It's too large to be a regular hand compared to the one that is holding the pistol. Glowing head? Iron halo.

Given his right arm, who the :jaw: knows if it's too big or too small! :jaw:

My impression was always power fist though.

Archived