Corbulo and footslogging plasma honour guard.

evilturkeyofdoom

I'm a massive fan of the ol' Plasma Death Squad, but am unsure of a squad that has to get close to the enemy, where every model is painful to lose.

Foot slogging assault squad, serge, 2 plasma pistols, 2 plasma guns, corbulo? 6 plasma shots at 12", +7 bolt pistol shots, lots more wounds.

Corbulo, Sternguard, 2 plasma guns, 3 combi plasmas, razorback?

While you have increased durability with Corbulo, I see a couple of issues:

1. Points efficiency goes down as the Novitiate is wasted and cannot upgrade his weapons

2. Corbulo is great as a tanking CC character but this unit does not really want to be in CC

While this unit could be a tough rock. I think there are better ways to spend the points as suggested i.e. Devs w/Plasma or Sternguard, etc.

Be sure to do so, altough having said that BA is not the best shooty marines army there is.

So you might want to switch to SM codex if you want to do this thing DA PROPPA WAY ;)

Also the cheapest fortifications are more than enough. The Aegis defence line is well worth the effort for example.

If you want to field more plasma you could roll 2x plasma pistols on your sergeants. You can protect him fairly well, putting him in the back/middle. You are not loosing much declining challenges (fielding PF can be problematic in 6th). Great for softening terminator squads, mech etc.

I have been thinking about this squad in a drop pod assault army with 2 stern guard squads in front and the honor guard right behind them. it's kind of an ambush if you have the drop pods to bring the 3 units in on turn one. Then you get some added plasmas and the fnp gets spread to all 3 units.

Archived