Alternative daemon engines/ Apoc walker.

ski

So, I haven't been around these parts in years. My Night Lord army has languished in closet hell for nigh on a decade now due to a loss of confidence in their newest Codex at the time, and a malaise with GW games in general.

I have had a renewed interest with 6th edition, and the somewhat more lax attitude for Apcalypse size games. The upcoming Chaos Codex does also pique my interest enough to maybe pull my stuff out and begin work anew.

I have been searching for things to complement my NL when I get around to them and found this:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-OoArkwTj9hU/TpXnIAyVOQI/AAAAAAAABWY/rLHWu8ZWtjA/s1600/Leviathan%20Mortis%20Front.jpg

These were released in 28mm scale, and very expensive at around $350 base. I did find that they are now going to be available in a plastic kit for only $89! So I thought I would spread the word around to check out the Kickstarter they are part of.

There is mention in the Apocalypse section, but not a lot of traffic there. I figured some of you chaos players may be interested in this. There also may be a 15mm 4.5 inch version coming out. Might make a good Hellbrute or something.

Check it here : http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dreamf...sader-plastic-m

I'm going to use it as either a Daemon Engine or Chaos Knight for Apocalypse games.

There is going to be a smaller 15mm scale version available if pledges get that high. It will only be about 4.5 inches tall instead of 8.5 inches like this one.

That would make a good Hellbrute or Chaos Contemptor I think. Hell, maybe even a version of the 4 legged walker that Chaos has.

Any of the alternate weapons will also fit this model.

In 40k? No clue about Chaos Knight rules. I'll ask my friend with all the ForgeWorld books what he thinks it could fit in as. Whip some rules up and test them with friends.

There are like 6 other arm options for it, so you could make it fit with other published weapons I bet.

Archived