FAQs Updated!

TheHarrower

Lemmy "on the PLAYER TURN the unit charges".

Chappy/Asto "on the TURN the unit charges".

I suspect someone tried to argue that they could maintain the effect for 2 battle phases if their player turn came first, and they just forgot to make the proper ammendment to all of the chaplains

[rant] Cheesy *bleep*ing cheesemongering *bleep*ing Rules Lawyers [/rant]

So now both Dante and Asorath are knocked down to Initiative 1... well, atleast they solved the Sang Guard Glaive problem!

Morticon: What do you mean with "OUCH- Corbs shenanigans STOMPED!"? I could not find any new section on Corbulo.

So now both Dante and Asorath are knocked down to Initiative 1... well, atleast they solved the Sang Guard Glaive problem!

Morticon: What do you mean with "OUCH- Corbs shenanigans STOMPED!"? I could not find any new section on Corbulo.

Look Out, Sir! is now changed to allocate the wound to the closest model, not any model in 6"

So jump infantry can charge into terrain using only 2D6 for charge distance and rerolling? That would be amazing ;)

Ooh, where did you see this?

But Corbs should still work, you just have to be even more careful with the important models now?

edit:/ Page 428 – The Game Summary, Assault Phase, Jump units

(using their jump packs), Effects of Difficult Terrain

Change the entry to read “2D6"; may re-roll both dice and

must take a Dangerous Terrain test if they start or end their

charge move in difficult terrain.”

I don't have the rulebook in front of me, so maybe it doesn't say what I think ^^

But Corbs should still work, you just have to be even more careful with the important models now?

edit:/ Page 428 – The Game Summary, Assault Phase, Jump units

(using their jump packs), Effects of Difficult Terrain

Change the entry to read “2D6"; may re-roll both dice and

must take a Dangerous Terrain test if they start or end their

charge move in difficult terrain.”

I don't have the rulebook in front of me, so maybe it doesn't say what I think ^^

That is excellent, I lost a game on Tuesday on a 3d6 roll, as the two lowest were a 4 and a 1. I needed seven inches, and the re-roll gave me another 1.

Also very interesting to note for Stormraven users:

Q: Do units that are transported in a vehicle that MUST start in

reserve count towards the number of units that can be placed in

Reserves? For example, must I count the units in a Drop Pod or

Valkyrie towards the 50% of units I can place in Reserves? (p124)

A: No.

The New FAQs were pulled an are no longer up. :(

Someone post when they go back up.

Back up for me (UK)

Anyone else note that Paladins aren't characters any more? Also nice to see that they've clarified Eternal Warrior and Feel no Pain (you don't get FnP vs Instant Death stuff). Other things that leap out from the BRB - Aegis Defence Line now has to be one unbroken line; models embarked on stuff that must start in reserve do NOT count towards the 50% limit. Monolith can no longer jink (good...that was stupid). Mixed saves rules for FnP stops Corbulo shenanigans, but gives our power armoured HQs a bit more survivability since we get look out sir before saves, rather than after. Loving the fact that there were apparently last updated on July 31st, but its taken 6 weeks to actually upload them...

From the BA one: Nice to have Dante and the Sanguinary Guard clarified. Surprised they got Astorath as well.

+EDIT+ Ninja'd by no fewer than six people. Damn you lot are sneaky...

I will point out (pretty sure this has been mentioned in other threads) Dante can still fight at I6, just chosing to use his pistol as a CCW (say you are fighting something where you need to go first but don't care about the AP2).

But, with Dante and Astorath being both I1, I can find little reason to use Astorath over Dante except in armies with more than 1 DC unit.

Mixed saves rules for FnP stops Corbulo shenanigans, but gives our power armoured HQs a bit more survivability since we get look out sir before saves, rather than after. Loving the fact that there were apparently last updated on July 31st, but its taken 6 weeks to actually upload them...

How does that change? Don't have my book.

other than the Tycho question, every question answered in my email was changed by the FAQs.

Oh well...

You can still have lance glaive's as well the profiles are only examples.

I think they only gave sword and axe as examples as that is what comes in the box.

Maul/Spear glaives should be perfectly legal.

So, now I have to decide how many of my SG to give swords and how many axes.

And I refuse to change the modeling of my Dante or Astorath. They have swords that by rules are axes...

Archived