FAQs Updated!

TheHarrower

I liked when Dante was quick like an eldar, not slow like a Biovore!

with GW's new rules BA just got a bad batch of blood, and are slowing down. Next BA codex premonition... regular rhinos :( ...

So attack with the pistol instead and just lose the AP value.

Last time I checked a pistol was a ranged weapon. But counted as a CCW in the assault phase for factoring in a extra attack. So that doesn't mean start using the CCW aspect as seperate attacks. Ie. Dante makes all his melee attack with a power axe. He's not Calgar/ Logan that can delegate what type of melee he's going to do each assault phase.

I liked when Dante was quick like an eldar, not slow like a Biovore!

with GW's new rules BA just got a bad batch of blood, and are slowing down. Next BA codex premonition... regular rhinos :( ...

So attack with the pistol instead and just lose the AP value.

Last time I checked a pistol was a ranged weapon. But counted as a CCW in the assault phase for factoring in a extra attack. So that doesn't mean start using the CCW aspect as seperate attacks. Ie. Dante makes all his melee attack with a power axe. He's not Calgar/ Logan that can delegate what type of melee he's going to do each assault phase.

that was 5th ed.

6th ed pistols count as melee too.

Q: Can psychic powers be mixed and matched from the psychic

disciplines and those found in the Codexes? (p418)

A: No. You may select from the psychic powers listed in the

Codex as normal or swap them for a number of rolls on the

psychic disciplines tables.

This one is interesting. I've seen several BA builds that mix and match.

Q: Can psychic powers be mixed and matched from the psychic

disciplines and those found in the Codexes? (p418)

A: No. You may select from the psychic powers listed in the

Codex as normal or swap them for a number of rolls on the

psychic disciplines tables.

This one is interesting. I've seen several BA builds that mix and match.

I felt that was illegal since 6th came out. Nice to see it officially.

anyone else noticed that all the chaos characters (and all daemon weapons) are AP2 now? Of more importance - all the Daemon weapons (except Typhus' interestingly) are not Unwieldy... Wish Dante had been given similar treatment, suddenly there's no way to handle a chaos HQ in CC other than throw away challenges or storm shields...

anyone else noticed that all the chaos characters (and all daemon weapons) are AP2 now? Of more importance - all the Daemon weapons (except Typhus' interestingly) are not Unwieldy... Wish Dante had been given similar treatment, suddenly there's no way to handle a chaos HQ in CC other than throw away challenges or storm shields...

Abaddon still at ap3 :confused: mwuahyahah

Abaddon still at ap3 :( mwuahyahah

I guess my Sanguinary Guard(which has 2 axes...) will pay him a visit soon! :confused:

Snorri

Hmm. My impression of Dante is a fast whirl of blades following up a blast of the Perdition pistol, rather than a whirl of melta shots followed up by a last big chop of the Axe. And how slow are axes relative to swords anyway. I'm glad that different melee weapons have different qualities but our armies seem to have been unusually hit by the axe/sword divide.

On a wider point though, the FAQs have reached silly proportions. The Rule book itself is very prolix, of elephantine proportions and now needs a ring binder of errata and clarifications, after a just a few months. GW now have 6 editions of experience writing 40K rules, but this is full of sloppy writing and lack of clarity. A more extensive Beta testing phase would have ironed these out.

I especially like the AP 2 Instant Death Blisssgiver. No FNP, a disticnt lack of Eternal Warrior, no armor save, and removes all wounds. Best shoot that model -.-

And how slow are axes relative to swords anyway.

In real life? they are much harder to control, and are, well, unwieldy, you don't just slash out with an ax, you get it moving and attack before you get tired of swinging the thing around (always keeping it in motion so the weight of the ax head keeps it momentum and delivers the power...) but i digress:)

I got over Glaive Encarmines following the rules for power weapons, but it bothers me that Dante and Astaroth are both effectively I1 now. I like my characters to take advantage of their higher I. They should still be able to survive long enough to swing though, thanks to how few things are AP 2 and not unwieldy. GW giveth, and GW taketh away.

In real life? they are much harder to control, and are, well, unwieldy, you don't just slash out with an ax, you get it moving and attack before you get tired of swinging the thing around (always keeping it in motion so the weight of the ax head keeps it momentum and delivers the power...) but i digress:)

And all totally irrelevant points to make for genetically enhanced super soldier with endurance and strength off the chart not to mention a skill level unsurpassed by mortal men. IRL I've faced an axed opponent whilst wielding a broadsword and it's a nightmare to defend against!

Back on topic. It's the lose of the signum for taking out fliers that I'll miss the most.

And all totally irrelevant points to make for genetically enhanced super soldier with endurance and strength off the chart not to mention a skill level unsurpassed by mortal men. IRL I've faced an axed opponent whilst wielding a broadsword and it's a nightmare to defend against!

Back on topic. It's the lose of the signum for taking out fliers that I'll miss the most.

Indeed, but he will definaltly tire out before you IRL (as you would well know, as long as you can stay alive long enough to get him tired:)), and i did ask if it was in real life he wanted to know, not in 40k.. in 40k it's whatever the rules say it is.. in 40k, it goes at init 1.

Indeed, but he will definaltly tire out before you IRL (as you would well know, as long as you can stay alive long enough to get him tired:)), and i did ask if it was in real life he wanted to know, not in 40k.. in 40k it's whatever the rules say it is.. in 40k, it goes at init 1.

A thread about axes has already ran it's course here. I don't agree with it's consensus based from my personal experience with using both swords and axes. If your interested in what I had to say it's the last post on the first page. My post wasn't meant to antagonize just point out the futility of the question/answer in connection with both 40k fluff and the rules.

A thread about axes has already ran it's course here. I don't agree with it's consensus based from my personal experience with using both swords and axes. If your interested in what I had to say it's the last post on the first page. My post wasn't meant to antagonize just point out the futility of the question/answer in connection with both 40k fluff and the rules.

I didn't take it as antagonistic, i was just answering the gents question and then mostly saying it doesn't matter in the sense of 40k:)

Blood Lance power from Librarians now officially cannot hit Flyers. Signums cannot aid BS of Snap Shots, ever. Well... there goes some AA tools.

But... Feel No Pain applies to Peril Wounds!? Wow.... awesome.

Woah, where do you get this stuff from? I can't seem to find that Blood Lance does not affect Flyers or that FNP can be taken against Perils (from what I have read, it says that no save of ANY kind are allowed to be taken)

the FNP was just a clarification. FNP is not a save. Its FNP. Saves are cover, armour or inv. That aside, its in the RB FAQ..

You know, what's odd is that on Wednesday, a mate of mine pointed out you could take FNP with perils as FNP isn't a saving throw. I was skeptical so it's quite funny to see it officially ruled.

Typhus is also Unwieldy - Top of second column on page 2 (just a poor bit of editing)

Archived