New FAQ's are up

Brother dean

True that Az gets his sword, but before we could technically model any of those other characters with power axes because of the wording. Alittle silly with things that specifically say "sword", but I could see Traitor's Bane being an axe :(

Did they forget to change the date? They all say July

EDIT: I guess update date and release date are two different things. The first round of FAQs was technically updated before the 6th ed. was released (which makes sense).

The biggest boost here is to venerable dreads. This is gonna make multi-melta and assault cannon ven dreads more useful. It's not all that worth it for most other configurations though.

hehehe its worth to send emails to GW. They answer questions :) even with that little delay :)

That question about Ven dreadnought is mine :)

(last page)

Noone had answer here so I have asked GW :)

What's the email address you used to submit that? The BT are a little miffed because your Ven now has the WS5 line... ours didn't get that. :(

You could use the reasoning in the FAQ to justify it for the Black Templars. It doesn't say just that DA Vens get WS/BS5, it says that they should use the Space Marine entry BECAUSE they don't have one of their own. Assuming the Black Templars' ven also doesn't have an entry in the BRB, that reasoning would apply for you as well.

You could use the reasoning in the FAQ to justify it for the Black Templars. It doesn't say just that DA Vens get WS/BS5, it says that they should use the Space Marine entry BECAUSE they don't have one of their own. Assuming the Black Templars' ven also doesn't have an entry in the BRB, that reasoning would apply for you as well.

True, problem is generally when you argue about something like this, there's nothing at all that suggests that it applies to the Black Templar as well. It's only mentioned in the DA FAQ, even though, from my understanding, we have the same Codex entries for Dreads and Vens. Dreads being a unit, and Vens being an upgrade for said Dread unit, correct?

True, problem is generally when you argue about something like this, there's nothing at all that suggests that it applies to the Black Templar as well. It's only mentioned in the DA FAQ, even though, from my understanding, we have the same Codex entries for Dreads and Vens. Dreads being a unit, and Vens being an upgrade for said Dread unit, correct?

Yes, that's how ours is written.

The BRB FAQ has been updated to V1a.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_Custom...ULEBOOK_v1a.pdf

I noticed these two bits in there.

1. Bikes / jet bikes are now very bulky. (Page 1)

2. Unique units are characters, but not in the case of vehicles, except for Bjorn. (Page 5)

Do either of these effect how Ravenwing or Sammy work?

2. Unique units are characters, but not in the case of vehicles, except for Bjorn. (Page 5)

Bulky has to do with Transport Capacity, so no on #1.

Those two were in previous version.

As for Sammy - unless it is written elsewhere, he is not Character when in Land Speeder (so no Precision Shots for him).

Bikes/jetbikes currently has no meaning, because we cannot put them in any of our transports (unless I'm mistaken?).

Pretty sure that neither change will make a difference: "very bulky" means counts as 10 models for transport purposes but doesn't, I think, have any other game impact; Sammy is still not an independent character, so still isn't able to join units - I suppose this does clarify that there would be no precision shots from Sammy's landspeeder weapons but I don't know how many people would have tried that one anyway...

Pretty sure that neither change will make a difference: "very bulky" means counts as 10 models for transport purposes but doesn't, I think, have any other game impact; Sammy is still not an independent character, so still isn't able to join units - I suppose this does clarify that there would be no precision shots from Sammy's landspeeder weapons but I don't know how many people would have tried that one anyway...

Bulky = Counts as 2 Models

Very Bulky = Counts as 3 Models

Extremely Bulky = Counts as 5 Models

Page 35 of the 6th Ed Rulebook.

There is no 10 model version of Bulky listed.

There is no 10 model category... Bulky is 2 models, Very Bulky is 3 models, Extremely Bulky is 5 models.

Also there is no longer a restriction on what units can go into transports.

I guess this change means Sammy on Jet Bike could make precision shots and challenges... but what about LOS! rolls?

Can Sammy in his speeder be your Warlord?

*edit* beat me to it.

You may have seen that added because an airborne "bike transport" is inbound? I'd say it's a possibility now that they've specifically designed a rating for them.

If they are Very Bulky and there aren't any loading restrictions, can a RW Assault squad with 5 bikes hop a ride in a LR Crusader and make use of the assault ramp?

If they are Very Bulky and there aren't any loading restrictions, can a RW Assault squad with 5 bikes hop a ride in a LR Crusader and make use of the assault ramp?

Nope. Page 78 specifically states Infantry and Independent Characters only unless otherwise stated in the vehicle description.

I still have that inkling to believe there will eventually be a flyer or pod that transports bikes. The fluff supports it.

I think the bulky rules are a transfer from Apocalypse where you can put all sorts in a super-heavy transport vehicle. It's a nice way to indicate the rule in just one or two words in the model's entry. It may or may not signify something yet to be released, but I doubt it.

Sammael won't be taking Look out sir! rolls because he'll never be in the same unit as a friendly model. Your warlord is "the HQ choice character with the highest leadership" and Sammael doesn't meet those criteria. If he's your only HQ choice then the rules appear to say you have no warlord. That would be a pretty crappy thing to impose on an opponent, at least in a friendly game.

hehehe its worth to send emails to GW. They answer questions :P even with that little delay ^_^

That question about Ven dreadnought is mine :)

(last page)

Noone had answer here so I have asked GW :P

What's the email address you used to submit that? The BT are a little miffed because your Ven now has the WS5 line... ours didn't get that. :(

gamefaqs at gwplc.com, you should have asked. I have helped all my Dark Angel brothers with that simple question :(

Archived