Father and Son

slaine69

actually while I'm here I'll post some other stuff

Talonmaster

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/149/e/9/talonmaster_by_slaine69-d51i6as.jpg

Angron zbrush sketch

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/230/d/f/angron_sketch_by_slaine69-d5bksx4.jpg

Xerxes (lost primarch)

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/248/7/0/xerxes_by_slaine69-d5dnzb9.jpg

the duel of Loken and Lucius

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/250/a/c/the_duel_of_loken_and_lucius_by_slaine69-d5duowo.jpg

Xerxes is clearly the primarch of the 2nd Legion. They would have been the First Legion, because Xerxes is just that awesome, but then the Emperor feared that he would lead the uprising (instead of Horus) and thus destroyed him, and moved the Legion's status to Second because killing your First Legion out of jealousy is just embarassing :P

Ok, silliness over I really do like Xerxes, honestly think he's the best of the lot. The only real problem I have is the duel between Lucius and Loken, I know the one with white hair is Lucius because he has white hair like his primarch but otherwise I would have never known. Lucius's pose is... off... I don't know how I can explain but he looks more foolish than aggressive. I understand that you wanted to put emphasis on Lucius's nose as well - considering it's about to be broken :P - but you've slightly overdone it and made it stick out too long.

Otherwise, excellent work and I really do hope you do more. Please don't take offense at my criticism, just trying to help :)

I agree with DAT.

Loken's pose jives with being a swordsman; it looks as though he's circling his opponent and the stance of his feet captured emphasises that.

Lucius on the other hand gives the impression of either running or being felled by a lumberjack - timberrrrrr! - and the position of the sword isn't right for an attack, which defeats the description of him as an expert swordsman himself.

Good art though, don't get me wrong.. Utterly fantabulous.

Love that picture, is it a snapshot of the fight on Ullanor, by any chance?

cheers dude,

Aye, Ullanor would be appropriate I think, ya know the last great battle that they fought.

Okay, now that is Angron. Amazing work as always, Slaine... love the Zho Sahaal art too.

Cheers man

haha yeah I'm a big old fan of the nightlords, one of my mates was like 'oh man they're like batman space marines!' it took him a second to register that my blank expression meant that I had already accepted that and I was more than comfortable with it.

fun picture to draw this one, lots of eagles

[The Emperor and Horus image]

Ah, the good old days. That's awesome.

Xerxes (lost primarch)

Now theres a good theme to use. Good thinking. I love it.

Thanks man much obliged

those are freaking awesome,you should do Russ ;) :D

DO Russ? man that would chafe, haha I'll get back to Russ at some point though

those are freaking awesome,you should do Russ ;) :D

He has made art of Russ.... Several times actually.

Haha sure have

Stunning slaine69. Loving the colours (on all) and image distortion (on Talonmaster).

Thanks man

Really nice, Talonmaster is your best piece here in my opinion. Great mood.

Angron just looks like some kind of zombie boss from Resident Evil or something and the Loken Lucius duel looks like Masters of the Universe.

Thanks man

Aye he does look waaay over the top but I've got the butchers nails version of him in my head now always in agonizing, twitchy pain and space marines ARE the masters of the universe

Xerxes is clearly the primarch of the 2nd Legion. They would have been the First Legion, because Xerxes is just that awesome, but then the Emperor feared that he would lead the uprising (instead of Horus) and thus destroyed him, and moved the Legion's status to Second because killing your First Legion out of jealousy is just embarassing :P

Ok, silliness over I really do like Xerxes, honestly think he's the best of the lot. The only real problem I have is the duel between Lucius and Loken, I know the one with white hair is Lucius because he has white hair like his primarch but otherwise I would have never known. Lucius's pose is... off... I don't know how I can explain but he looks more foolish than aggressive. I understand that you wanted to put emphasis on Lucius's nose as well - considering it's about to be broken :P - but you've slightly overdone it and made it stick out too long.

Otherwise, excellent work and I really do hope you do more. Please don't take offense at my criticism, just trying to help :)

None taken at all dude and boy do I plan to do more.

Wow these are great! I love the atmosphere in your work!

Thanks man

I agree with DAT.

Loken's pose jives with being a swordsman; it looks as though he's circling his opponent and the stance of his feet captured emphasises that.

Lucius on the other hand gives the impression of either running or being felled by a lumberjack - timberrrrrr! - and the position of the sword isn't right for an attack, which defeats the description of him as an expert swordsman himself.

Good art though, don't get me wrong.. Utterly fantabulous.

aye Lucius is indeed running, as for the attack stance well here's my thinkin' for it: in the roman arenas gladiators not only learned to fight but they learned how to do so in the most flamboyant style as to entertain the crowd, wild angle and pointless flourishes were standard if you wanted to make a name for yourself as an entertainer. Lucius is arrogant enough to believe he can do this with Loken and thus the lesson is learned.

Excellent work, I especially like the first one.

The title of the thread did however remind me of

:)

Anyway, great stuff!

Ludovic

Haha yeah it totally does, hmmm I wonder if you can program poppin' shaped into termie armour

Archived