Sanguinary Guard Glaives

JamesI

They should be 2+ 5+FnP. They don't need to be striking first

They do however need to avoid Thunder Hammer Terminators at all costs though

^this

2 axes, 2 swords and a fist. Because the guy holding the sword in both hands looks like crap.
haha, yeah that pose is terrible.

+1 for 2/2 and a Fist.

IF FC still gave a +1 I then swords would be a little better. But since you can't attack first anymore, you can at least hit harder.

I'm torn.

the +1 S is good, the I1 isnt bad, as long as the other guy doesnt have AP2, your AP2 is a bit of a waste, because all of their 2+saves will have AP2

Charge their assault marines, let them strike first, take it on the armour then butcher them at S6 (Axe and FC)

Or charge their assault marines slaughter them with swords.

Either way, putting SG against Termies (except claws) is asking for trouble.

At a guess, you will take four losses from 5 fist terminators

Without furious charge, you are going to inflict 4.5, with it, 5.1

As a last ditch, sure, you can probably charge them and uncontest an objective and win a game, but they are not going to do much better than a draw against them

I run 2 axe 2 swords 1 fist banner (as that's how I modeled them last ed) and I find the swords kill the spods (in 3+ units) then the 2ups keep the squad alive for the IN1 stuff the kill all the important models. I've also found they work quite well at polishing off Terminator squads once they have been shot down to size (about 3 models). It might get them killed in return but it's better than them storming your lines.

Charge their assault marines, let them strike first, take it on the armour then butcher them at S6 (Axe and FC)

There's your problem - Either way, the assault marines still get to attack back vs the SG.

It all boils down to whether you can kill enough with the swords to get to the hidden fist/axe, or if you can get a IC with claw/sword in there to challenge the fist.

There's your problem - Either way, the assault marines still get to attack back vs the SG.

It all boils down to whether you can kill enough with the swords to get to the hidden fist/axe, or if you can get a IC with claw/sword in there to challenge the fist.

I have wiped out an entire 10 man marine squad with a charging SG, even with the fist not getting to swing because everyone was already dead. Bu tI wouldn't count on that. Have a character with them for challenging the fist or be careful where you charge.

For the topic, I am leaning towards trying squads right now of 3 swords/2 axes. 3 swords on the charge won't take out a 10 man marine squad without very generous dice rolls, but should hurt it badly.

My vote for all swords was influenced by a feeling that they strike first. I guess the change to FC apparently has not stuck to me yet..

With that taken into account, having 3 swords and 2 axes sounds pretty good. If your opponent kills one at i2-4, kill a sword, he already struck any ways. Then the axes add a bit of punch at S6 ap2.

With jump packs, it seems to me like setting up a charge that exposes a sergeant should not be too difficult. Land in the proper orientation, shoot and kill 1-2 grunts, charge and minimize the number of grunts that are closer/as close to the SG as the sergeant. Then it is not impossible for the swords to kill him before he strikes. Of course, an IC to challenge is better but, especially in DanteWing, it may not be affordable to babysit every squad.

I still think Axe > Swords since they are initiative 4. Being able to assault veichles give them more options. If your fighting MEQ striking after them should not be a huge issue. Though i think the unit is to expensive in general. I'd take RAS or bikes over them any day, but thats another discussion. They do look cool B) I guess a mix of weapons is fine too.

Archived