The Book of the Lion

Captain Semper

So, I just received my DV box along with the novel! :yes: In the first page there is a list of other books with DA theme available from BL... The last one is called The Book of the Lion and is supposed to be a DA anthology coming out in January 2013. This is the first I see or hear about it! Has anybody heard anything relevant? Is it going to be an anthology with new stories or a compilation of old ones?

In any case I'm really excited about it! A lot of love has been bestowed on the DAs with Malediction, DV (boxed set, novel and audio drama), the expected Ravewing book in January and the Book of the Lion also in January I really can't complain!

If the topic has come up before I apologize...

So all these books... Do you think that GW will try to justify some changes in the mainstream fluff? The Ravenwing book is just the first of a DA trilogy btw...

Edit: I'm sensing that they want to give some more depth to the RW... What with the Dark Vegeance novella and a book dedicated to it... For one thing, in the DV novella it appears that RW is more than a specialized formation, its a step closer to the Inner Circle according to our new Chappie...

So all these books... Do you think that GW will try to justify some changes in the mainstream fluff? The Ravenwing book is just the first of a DA trilogy btw...

The plot of 'Ravenwing' begins with that the Chapter receives the farewell letter of Boreas.

It follows from author's answers at a forum of BL.

I don't think it will be something flashy, as an investigation into the schedule of january 2013 BL releases actually shows no such title scheduled.

'Dark Vengeance' too wasn't in releases of BL.

Though, I am confused by the word "anthology". Most likely, it is the collection of old stories.

Though, I am confused by the word "anthology". Most likely, it is the collection of old stories.

Agreed. An anthology means a collection of poems or other pieces of writing, usually short, whether published previously or not isn't specified. An omnibus on the other hand, is the correct term for previously written longer material published in one volume – BL's have several chapter-specific omnibus already.

I'm hoping it's new material :devil:

Archived