WIP - Path of Redemption Vows

SPWolf12

SPWolf12, they are lookin' sharp so far. What are you going to shade them with?

My suggestion: if you aren't drilling out your barrels, make sure to paint a centered black spot almost out to the edges of the barrel and either paint the flash holes on the sides of the barrel and the ejection port in black or let a black shade dry pretty dark in there. It will "fake" the appearance that the barrel is open and the ejection port depth. My personal preference is to paint the ejection port deflector in the barrel color (although the weapon body color also works).

Very nice work on the soft armor! I can't stand painting the ribbed stuff in the joints.

Let's see some more! :sweat:

Not to be a jerk and shamelessly self-promote, but if you haven't worked with the new paints too much and are wondering what the two different shades might result in, I worked out different ways to use the new paints and shades:

Old vs. New Paint Comparison Thread

My suggestion: shade the metals and green with Nuln Oil, shade the bone with Agrax Earthshade, and if you can invest it, use Carroburg Crimson over the red.

Good luck on the drilling, slow and steady!

• 2 weeks later...
they've come out pretty well - pesonally not a fan of the shineyness but thats personal taste. you could try dullcoat varnish on them to take the sheen off or even a wash of lahiman medium may work though not being so glossy will affect the OSL highlights

It is dark tone. I was debating whether to use that or the regular shades for GW, I tried a few combination on other models and with that specific shade of green and I liked how QS looks on them. I like the look it gives the guns, weapons, armor and gold pieces; however, I am not that fond of what it does to faces and white.

Archived