Mephiston has.. 3 BRB powers now?

Pascalnz

I've only actually run Mephiston as using non-codex powers one time anyways, so overall I don't really care. I will say that I truly think he should get to roll 3 times. Likewise I'm completely fine with giving Njal 2 powers because he's Mastery 2 and giving Ezekiel 1 power because he's mastery 1. I know that may not be "fair", but it's what I'm going with.

I get the concept of "use the codex powers". Especially in Njal's case. I just don't think that if you aren't called out you have to go with your "lumped" total. Aspiring champions do not fall into this category, the wording is different and they can take as many rolls from the book as they know, per the FAQ. They are not lumped in with anyone else and ahriman is specifically called out. So Having a mastery 3 psycher with 2 powers from the BRB actually is a stand alone occurance.

I think it's either poor clarification, an over sight, or just flat stupidity on the case of GW. I normally don't throw them under the bus but I think that's playing a big role here. If i'm playing against mephiston and he wants 3 rolls from the book, I'm giving it to him no matter how amazing the powers are he gets. I also wasn't denied the ability to roll 3 times myself stating the same argument I already did. While overall the FAQs did a good job they dropped the ball here. Without actually saying specifically he has 2, in my opinion he has 3.

I am sure new codex will straighten things up... or at least I hope so. Till then I go with v 1.1 FAQ says. In my armies named Psykers Mephy and Ezekiel generate two while Eldrad generates four new powers 4 powers from diviniation will make Eldrad... fearsome (but 4 powers with 3 warp charges as he is level 3 psycher 4th is due stuff he has). .. but as Dark Angel, the Force Field is just so great power it alone keeps me with codex powers. While in Blood Angels I these days almost always generate powers from diviniation... Except Dread libby. For him codex powers are much better suited than biomancy or diviniation.

Archived