The HH series and the EC

Grimtooth

I just read through Reflection Crack'd, and having previously read Fulgrim, i have to say that the Emperor's Children have easily become the only Chaos force I will build if the new codex is promising.

After Prospero Bruns, Battle of the Fang, and A Thousand Sons, I was really interested in creating a 1k Sons force as a compliment to my SW. A homage to fluff and whatnot. However, with the how the decline into depravity was presented in Fulgrim and the observations of a Legion basking in the sickness presented in Reflection Crack'd, I am really looking forward to what the new Chaos dex will allow me to collect and play as a EC army.

I can only imagine my friends shock when I show up to game wearing assless chaps and nipple clamps. That is what EC players do right? Hahahahahahah€

EC have always been my favourite pre-heresy legion. I'm not as enamoured with the post-heresy legion (although i still like them) but maybe some new minis and rules would sway my opinion. I really enjoyed painting Lucius and if the new minis are anything like him I could well image I'll be getting some.

Until we get a new codex/minis I'd suggest having a go at painting lucius and maybe some Daemonette/Fiend allies.

Yea, I have already painted up Lucius awhile back because I got his model in a big box of bits I bought at a bitz bazaar thing at my FLGS. He is a fun model to paint and one of the best detailed old models out there.

I hope the new codex does the EC justice in ability to play a decent representation.

I have to say, I really, really, don't like the concept of Noise Marines.

I mean, yes, having Slaanesh cult troops' Special Weapons as sonic is a cool idea. But having the entire unit themed around it? Blech.

Heh, heh.

I think they reason they are noise marines is that followers of Slaanesh have the potential to be completely obscene to the point of being unmarketable. There are a lot of ways to go with a debauched God who demands utter hedonism from his followers, and excessive sensation was probably the most palatable. There's nothing stopping anyone from making counts-as units themed a little differently, and there have been some impressive conversions for these guys over the years.

Anyone have links to pics of the KISS Army?

I have to say, I really, really, don't like the concept of Noise Marines.

I mean, yes, having Slaanesh cult troops' Special Weapons as sonic is a cool idea. But having the entire unit themed around it? Blech.

Heh, heh.

I think they reason they are noise marines is that followers of Slaanesh have the potential to be completely obscene to the point of being unmarketable. There are a lot of ways to go with a debauched God who demands utter hedonism from his followers, and excessive sensation was probably the most palatable. There's nothing stopping anyone from making counts-as units themed a little differently, and there have been some impressive conversions for these guys over the years.

Anyone have links to pics of the KISS Army?

With Reflection Crack'd we have a little insight into the other captains and whatever vices they have taken to extreme. Yes there are Noise Marines, intent on the blast of sonic power to stimulate them. However, that is not the only form of decadence possible and I think that if the codex is good enough for me to make a EC army, my build will reflect as many forms as I can see fit to put on the table..

Archived