Sentinels: Chapter Command

Disruptor_fe404

Ah, I remember that guy! Yeah, I understand it's a bit of a love-hate mini with regards to a) the sheer size of, well, everything and B) the slightly anime-esque sword. I actually love it. He looks like a walking STC, if you know what I mean, all decked out in ridiculously powerful armour and weaponry probably from the Dark Age of Technology. Would certainly look like a badass on the tabletop, I can imagine he'd be quite the fire magnet :(

Tanith Ghost: Yup, I definitely paint before assembly. I genuinely find it much easier, plus I'm guaranteed to never miss anything. Lots of bitz on each guy, that's for sure. But I have lots of models to pull from, and it feels awesome to get even one guy done!

BrotherCaptainArkhan: Always nice to hear that someone loves my models! Animesque is intentional, I like my lines clean and well-defined.

Minor progress update! I'm on track to have HG4 done by Christmas day. Will try to get photos of either WiP or painted parts over the weekend, assuming I don't just crank through the model itself.

Objective achieved!

Managed to finish HG4 before Christmas day, so I took photos today. And of HG3 as well.

First up is HG3, Praetor Steiner:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/Disruptor_fe404/Warhammer%2040K/Chapter%20Command%20Part%202/04_steiner.jpg

And HG4 is rapidly becoming my favourite. Praetor Exeter:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/Disruptor_fe404/Warhammer%2040K/Chapter%20Command%20Part%202/03_exeter.jpg

I've got all the parts lined up for HG5, and I spent today abusing my hands by sawing/hacking/cutting up the Ultramarine Ancient, Captain Sicarius, and the Emperor's Champion. They were all metal, so it wasn't actually that easy with my crappy tools. I'm not sure if I'll finish HG5 first, or my Chapter Champion first. Or my Chapter Banner bearer. Hmm, so many choices...

What do folks feel like seeing first? Honour Guard 5 or Chapter Champion? I'll leave the Banner bearer for last, because I'm actually not looking forward to doing the banner.

NIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!

I can totally see why HG4 is rapidly becoming your favorite. After all, with a pose that literally says 'Come at me bro' then why on earth would he not be the fav?

I agree, painting in parts is DEF easier than when it's one part. Means you can really turn him around and get into all the little cracks and what not. ALSO means that you don't run the risk of accidently swiping something with paint on your way through. Nothing like finishing armour and then getting Green or red on it :S

Am DEF looking forward to see this Sicarious/Emperors Champ conversion! Post some pics of his WIP too! (Seeing as this IS the WIP part after all :))

• 3 weeks later...

Your wish is my (very delayed) command!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/Disruptor_fe404/Warhammer%2040K/Chapter%20Command%20Part%202/06_daevien.jpg

He's pretty plain when compared to the rest, but he's all about the no-nonsense badassery.

That thing looks kick ass!

Although I have seen the parts of him floating around for a while. He is still looking bad ass as ever! Well done! I love the feet that I remember you talking about. More old school Full Plate mail style. And the thing on his backpack with the Terminus Crux looks really good. Esp with the blue and gold. Just really pops. I think anyway.

• 1 month later...

Thanks matey!

I was worried the shields that protect his upper thighs would add too much horizontal space, but it's not even noticeable.

Number 5 is next up, and there should be WiP photos of the parts soon!

So it turns out, I'm a bit of a liar.

Anyway, WiP photo, with terrible lighting that I had to over-correct in Photoshop:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/Disruptor_fe404/40K%20WiPs/hg5.jpg

I suspect I won't be taking photos of things sitting on reflective(-ish) plastic bags anytime soon.

There's some rapid-fire updatin' goin' on 'round 'ere...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/Disruptor_fe404/40K%20WiPs/hg5-2.jpg

No head, because EnigmaShadow reckons he's got the perfect head for him (and I have faith!).

War Angel: For most of the straps, dry fit them and then carved them out, multiple times to make sure they were snug. Except for the plastic straps on Steiner, that is. In the case of the Forge World ones, I also filed down the back of them so they had a better surface to adhere to the body with. And in the case of number 5 here, it's actually made from two different sets of straps, so it was actually easier to get them to fit.

Only one more member of the Honour Guard to go (after this guy gets his head, that is)! Standard Bearer is lucky last. Photos of the parts I'm using will be up in a couple of days, but I'll be taking a break from the squad while I work on some Terminators (for a change of pace)! The Standard Bearer will probably see some work done on him in a few weeks, as I only plan on doing one or two Terminators before I come back and finish this squad off.

As promised, the (somewhat boring) beginnings of the Standard Bearer:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/Disruptor_fe404/40K%20WiPs/sb-wip.jpg

Unfortunately, these guys will be taking a break for a few months while I work on my Terminators (the first of which are Tartaros Terminators which I picked up today). That WiP thread will be up soon!

I don't think that is a "boring" start to the standard bearer at all!  Can't be 100% sure, but are those the legs from the champion out of the marneus calgar and honour guard box?  The ravenwing command squad box arms are a nice choice by the way, should look very ornate once their done.  

I figure you're not going to use the crimson fist details on the banner, have you decided on a design for the banner?  I'm eager to see the terminator wips!

I don't think that is a "boring" start to the standard bearer at all!  Can't be 100% sure, but are those the legs from the champion out of the marneus calgar and honour guard box?  The ravenwing command squad box arms are a nice choice by the way, should look very ornate once their done.  

I figure you're not going to use the crimson fist details on the banner, have you decided on a design for the banner?  I'm eager to see the terminator wips!

They are indeed the Chapter Champion legs. There's some debate as to whether or not the ends of the straps are Ultra symbols (I'm of the opinion that they are not), but I will defintiely be working away the big Ultra symbol where the belt hooks onto itself.

As for the banner, I'm removing the fist from the centre and swapping the banner top out for a different one. The blazing halo thing stays because Darius has heavy sun/star symbology going (and is, in fact, the reason I chose that banner).

Archived