Sanguinor's Glaive

Drunken Angel

I dunno, I try to play as fair as possible at all times. In all honesty I don't use the Sanguinor at all, but as my BA are heresy era I looked at him as a possible Azkaellon, if I do take him I'll model him with a sword.

OR A CROZIUS POWER MAUL! Oh look no one wants a power maul Sanguinor, I wonder why :devil:

I think special characters come with whatever they're armed with intentionally at most times. As for the Chaplain with alternative armaments, does the Sanguinor come with an axe too?

James.

I think special characters come with whatever they're armed with intentionally at most times. As for the Chaplain with alternative armaments, does the Sanguinor come with an axe too?

James.

Remember that the Sanguinor model was made well before the option was available. It seems tenuous to argue GWs intent is defined by what they put in the box when the box came so long before the rule changes.

But, but, but... what if GW defines his weapon as a sword and you have him armed with an axe? How can you sleep at night?

I'm a little OCD at times and I couldn't cope with such an abomination! :devil:

Game wise I don't think it's too chessey to take such a thing, since part of the Sanguinor's charm to me is that lovely stat line of his! What is he, like initiative 12?

Considering both my Asotarth and Dante are modeled with swords, I don't think I'd care if my SAnguinor carried an axe and GW ruled it was a sword.

I'm not going to remodel my Astorath to be an axe, I'll leave him a sword but play with the rules as they are in the FAQ. I'd say the same for Dante, but I do intend to remodel him.

Fair play. But what if the rules written afterwards was beacuese they intend him to have a sword for some balance issue? That's my main concern. :devil:

James.

Simple, Don't model him with an ax:)

Things change now and then, Options come and go... right now it's perfectly legal to give Sanguinor an ax... might change next week, next month or never that's the risk of playing with minis:)

OR A CROZIUS POWER MAUL! Oh look no one wants a power maul Sanguinor, I wonder why

I quite like the power mauls.

They are significantly better than swords against everything but space marine troops.

The axe is a bit more variable, because it strikes last and doesnt ID T3, but does mash up termies

If you model Sanguinor with an Axe and they FAQ it so that his Glaive counts as a sword.... it doesn't matter if your model is carrying an Axe. The Sanguinor has set rules, WYSIWYG doesn't apply. There are no optional upgrades that you need to model. WYSIWYG only matters when the rules give scope to different armaments for the same model.

Sorry, but Mephiston says Force Sword in his unit entry

Looks like I have suffered a major 'reading comprehension' failure. I saw the words Power Weapon (with refrence to 'Power Sword' on page 2), and my mind did a mental backflip and inserted 'Force Weapon' in there for no apparent reason.

Ahem, sorry :lol:

Archived