Awesome Point sink?

Brother Nemiel

Gunslingers of the inner circle

Legality: Should be legal in 6th edition and according to lastest FAQ.

FOC Slots: 2 (Elite & Heavy Support)

Threat Range: 24 inches (6" vehicle movement + 6" Disembark + 12" Pistol range. Perhaps this can be lengthened with base width shenanigans)

Unit:

7 Company Veterans with plasma pistols & bolt pistols

Landraider (basic pattern) with pintle mounted storm bolter

I have some upcoming issues with plasmagun toting plague marines. I'm thinking of deploying this unit just to mess with the guy.

For some reason I think that a squad of pistol wielding gunslinger monks in robes is kind of awesome. Awesome does, however, not translate into useful or practical.

Comments, critique or other opinions?

Edit: Spelling

do you have a Cypher fetish by any chance? :devil:

I would say it is not that practical to be honest, though it would be pretty devastating if you can get enough shots crashing into them. Over all, I would say it is a one shot wonder and then they would quickly die.

Never thought of it that way. Perhaps I should go talk to my Interrogator-Chaplain about it :)

I'm just thinking of some kind of ways utilizing the gunslinger, "usr", rule. Plus, using the "above mentioned" imagery of gun wielding roby monks...

I sat here thinking "The Crusader would be a far better vehicle for this.." then I saw Dark Angels and a little piece of me died.

Out of curiosity, do DA Vets have a better profile than the 1-wound C:SM Sternguard?

If I'm not mistaken, their stats are exactly the same.

I sat here thinking "The Crusader would be a far better vehicle for this.." then I saw Dark Angels and a little piece of me died.

Out of curiosity, do DA Vets have a better profile than the 1-wound C:SM Sternguard?

Yes they are

The prevailing wisdom, that I've seen and feel willing to consider wisdom, is that a Plasma Pistol is a fairly frivolous upgrade on a single 1-wound Model - my own Sterguard Sarge was livid at this as he's holding two :P

The prevailing wisdom, that I've seen and feel willing to consider wisdom, is that a Plasma Pistol is a fairly frivolous upgrade on a single 1-wound Model - my own Sterguard Sarge was livid at this as he's holding two <_<

He is as awesome sauce as awesome sauce gets :)

I guess that, unfortunately, it is too much points in a semi-reliable one trick pony. Cool and manly as that pony might be...

"Pistoleros de los Ãngeles Oscuros" - since that ain't gonna happen on my gaming table, I have to persuade Quentin Tarantino to make a movie of them instead...

I already have one Tactical Marine with a Boltgun and Pistol pointing at the enemy.

This is what made me kit-bash my Sternguard, plus I had 5 pairs of kneeling legs and a sudden urge to make a squad.

I humbly submit that everyone should possess at least a small unit of Pistol-brandishing Veterans, to do otherwise would be to forsake the manly creed of "Dmn! That looks EPIC!" :tu:

I humbly submit that everyone should possess at least a small unit of Pistol-brandishing Veterans, to do otherwise would be to forsake the manly creed of "Dmn! That looks EPIC!" :tu:

A new pledge? "The Pistoleros Pledge of pure manly awesome"? Open only to DA offcourse...

A new pledge? "The Pistoleros Pledge of pure manly awesome"? Open only to DA offcourse...

My Sternguard laugh at your girly robes as they brandish their pistols :o

?

Dark Angels have access to the Crusader. They cannot take the Redeemer, though.

Heck, I would add Azrael to the unit, just for lulz and the 4++. I like trying random things like this against opponents who aren't as experienced as a way fro me to get the silly out and level the playing field somewhat. Perhaps I will try this...

I humbly submit that everyone should possess at least a small unit of Pistol-brandishing Veterans, to do otherwise would be to forsake the manly creed of "Dmn! That looks EPIC!" :lol:

My Sternguard laugh at your girly robes as they brandish their pistols :P

*sigh* Fine, we make it open to all comers... :P

?

I didn't think it was either but then I am not an expert on Dark Angels!

?

Heck, I would add Azrael to the unit, just for lulz and the 4++. I like trying random things like this against opponents who aren't as experienced as a way fro me to get the silly out and level the playing field somewhat. Perhaps I will try this...

Azrael?! You are a fine source of ideas, my good Brother-Captain! You moved the imagery from awesome to awesomy.

(As soon as we hit awesomest, I'm modelling it...)

I have tried a similar unit just yesterday that worked very well. It was...

hq. Ezekiel 170pts.

With 3 divination powers. (foreboding, perfect timing, and prescience)

Elite. 8 vets.

With 7x plasma pistols, 1x plasma gun. In a drop pod. 330pts.

500 pts. also..

Turn 2 the pod lands right between a demon prince and 3 obliterators. I disembark tward oblits and cast ”prescience”. I proceed to plasma beat the oblits right off the board. :) his turn. He turns the prince around to get them and some plague marines. During his shooting phase he fail to kill any. He declares his assaults(I cast foreboding) plague marines first. They are about 10.5 inches. I opt not to shoot them. Im hoping to save the full bs overwatch for the prince that is 5” away. he rolls a 8. his DP declares assault and got turned to dust. I did lose my plasm gunner for this. Then preceded to kill a few plague marines then got bogged down in combat for 3 turns then finally killed them off in turn6 and losing only 4 vets.

So they killed a DP and 3x obliterators in 1 game turn. Thanks to ezekiel and the divination powers.

These guys can be very nasty. 9x S4 ap5 and 9x S7 ap2 shots. Range 12” means the have to be close to use them. I prefer a drop-pod as it puts you right where you want fast.

Add ”prescience” for the rerolls to hit. this is huge for preventing most of the ”gets hot” results.

”Foreboding” was very cool. I took ezekiel for his fearless bubble and 3 powers(sucks that he cant cast more than 1) to hopefully get ”perfect timing” , ”foreboding”, or ” forewarning”.

I love this idea. Impractical? Definitely, but unless it's tournament play, rule of cool trumps impracticality, and this is oh so cool. I might even modify it a little and replace a few of those plasma pistols with power lances (I love the crap out of those things).

I have tried a similar unit just yesterday that worked very well. It was...

hq. Ezekiel 170pts.

With 3 divination powers. (foreboding, perfect timing, and prescience)

Elite. 8 vets.

With 7x plasma pistols, 1x plasma gun. In a drop pod. 330pts.

500 pts. also..

Turn 2 the pod lands right between a demon prince and 3 obliterators. I disembark tward oblits and cast ”prescience”. I proceed to plasma beat the oblits right off the board. :P his turn. He turns the prince around to get them and some plague marines. During his shooting phase he fail to kill any. He declares his assaults(I cast foreboding) plague marines first. They are about 10.5 inches. I opt not to shoot them. Im hoping to save the full bs overwatch for the prince that is 5” away. he rolls a 8. his DP declares assault and got turned to dust. I did lose my plasm gunner for this. Then preceded to kill a few plague marines then got bogged down in combat for 3 turns then finally killed them off in turn6 and losing only 4 vets.

So they killed a DP and 3x obliterators in 1 game turn. Thanks to ezekiel and the divination powers.

These guys can be very nasty. 9x S4 ap5 and 9x S7 ap2 shots. Range 12” means the have to be close to use them. I prefer a drop-pod as it puts you right where you want fast.

Add ”prescience” for the rerolls to hit. this is huge for preventing most of the ”gets hot” results.

”Foreboding” was very cool. I took ezekiel for his fearless bubble and 3 powers(sucks that he cant cast more than 1) to hopefully get ”perfect timing” , ”foreboding”, or ” forewarning”.

Pure awesome sauce! Why am I not surprised that the only person who posts a battle report flashback regarding Gunslinger monks has the forum name cypherthefallenangel :)

I'm just wondering, did you cast foreboding on your opponents turn?

That settles it.... I'm building the unit! Pics will be posted.

Archived