Awesome Point sink?

Brother Nemiel

Just wondering, but aren't they still restricted to firing one ranged weapon a turn?

Which would make the 2nd pistol pretty much redundant.

6th edition rulebook, page 52. "Gunslinger - all models with two pistols can fire both in the shooting phase. This follows the normal rules for shooting."

I really miss the 3rd ed version of pistols, when you could fire them twice if you didn't move.

I humbly submit that everyone should possess at least a small unit of Pistol-brandishing Veterans, to do otherwise would be to forsake the manly creed of "Dmn! That looks EPIC!" :lol:

A new pledge? "The Pistoleros Pledge of pure manly awesome"? Open only to DA offcourse...

What if Salamanders start their own Meltapistol carrying gang?

Just wondering, but aren't they still restricted to firing one ranged weapon a turn?

Which would make the 2nd pistol pretty much redundant.

6th edition rulebook, page 52. "Gunslinger - all models with two pistols can fire both in the shooting phase. This follows the normal rules for shooting."

I really miss the 3rd ed version of pistols, when you could fire them twice if you didn't move.

Still remember that as being a special rule unique to Cypher.

And I guess I must've missed that line.

I humbly submit that everyone should possess at least a small unit of Pistol-brandishing Veterans, to do otherwise would be to forsake the manly creed of "Dmn! That looks EPIC!" ;)

A new pledge? "The Pistoleros Pledge of pure manly awesome"? Open only to DA offcourse...

What if Salamanders start their own Meltapistol carrying gang?

Every chapter should have it's own. Then we could have a necromunda special with all the space marine chapters representing their own gang :P

My biggest gripe is that space wolves can do the bolt/plasma pistolero thing for 7 points less than Dark angels using Wolf guards :(

Company veterans are quite expensive...

Seriously, what took all you guys so long?

gallery_59244_5847_24063.jpg

:D :)

Curses! Still waiting for my ordered parts to show up...

The rules say that models armed with two pistols can fire both of them now. The rule that says this is called "Gunslingers", and it is not an USR, but a function of the basic rules for pistols. So, shoot 'em up!

As to the OPs question on the disembarking models' base width distance being added to the total threat distance, that bit has been removed as a factor from the 6E rules. See page 79, including the diagrams, for how it now works.

The idea behind this unit intrigues me greatly.

Five or ten models? All with Plasma Pistols and Bolt Pistols, or throw in a meltagun? I'd totally go with a Plasmagun for the idea of it, but the Meltagun adds some serious anti-tank firepower.

For transport- looks like a drop pod is the way to go. I wouldn't expect these guys to live long under the return firepower, but the amount they could deal is awesome. A Rhino would be a death coffin for them, and I'd rather save a Landraider for my DW guys.

Still, the whole unit exudes cool, and I think I'll be making up a unit very soon... I hope they stay an option in the next Codex!

The idea behind this unit intrigues me greatly.

Five or ten models? All with Plasma Pistols and Bolt Pistols, or throw in a meltagun? I'd totally go with a Plasmagun for the idea of it, but the Meltagun adds some serious anti-tank firepower.

For transport- looks like a drop pod is the way to go. I wouldn't expect these guys to live long under the return firepower, but the amount they could deal is awesome. A Rhino would be a death coffin for them, and I'd rather save a Landraider for my DW guys.

Still, the whole unit exudes cool, and I think I'll be making up a unit very soon... I hope they stay an option in the next Codex!

7 models. Perhaps a plasma gun but I would lean towards pistols only. Why 7? Well, it's a cool number: 7 deadly sins, seven seal, the seventh son of a seventh son thingy, 007, 7-up, seven of nine, the sum of any two opposite sides on a standard six-sided die and most importantly this (which actually is a rip-off of this)

Drop pod or Land raider. I figure it is decided on how many points I wish to put down on an idiotic but cool unit. I don't run DW so the point is moot for me. Although since the new starter box I actually have some DW... Drop pod would seem to be the more rational choice though. (It should be stated that I'm not famous for rational choices, which in it's turn should be quite obvious nowadays)

Yeah, I hope so too. If rumours are to be trusted (which they shouldn't, as everyone knows) there is a gunslinger box on the way.

Here is my gunslinger vets (and cypher). I just finished them.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads...7693_374405.jpg

Curses! It's so cool! Why have my veteran parts not arrived? I bet one of the fallen ones works at the local post office...

Brother Nemiel, you forgot the Seven Samurai. :D

I don't have access to my 40K stuff at the moment, so I couldn't remember if the DA Vet's where five plus 1-5 more, or like the Tactical Squads, was five or ten guys.

Seven Gunslingers in a drop pod with Eziekel rocking the right powers would be an awesome little unit to really throw some hurting on someone. ;)

Your squad looks good cypherthefallenangel! I was planning on using Cypher as the Sgt as well. Hey, can the Sergeant be given a powersword, plasmapistol and bolt pistol? Or is it "Swap bolt pistol/CCW for one of the following..."

I dimly recall a whispered rumor of a Gunslinger box set for the Dark Angels. That would be awesome if we got something like that in the next codex! Fingers Crossed! Of course, if it's an entirely new unit option, then it better be more then just plasma pistols and bolt pistols!

Tamwulf, the option is:

* Any Veteran may replace their bolter or chainsword for "power sword or plasma pistol"

So unfortunately they are mutually exclusive.

I really don't understand why they even bothered to denote a "sergeant" for the unit. None of the options even reference the Sergeant, just the term "Veteran", which he also bears and so all the options listed apply to him as well.

Brother Nemiel, you forgot the Seven Samurai. ;)

I don't have access to my 40K stuff at the moment, so I couldn't remember if the DA Vet's where five plus 1-5 more, or like the Tactical Squads, was five or ten guys.

Seven Gunslingers in a drop pod with Eziekel rocking the right powers would be an awesome little unit to really throw some hurting on someone. :D

Your squad looks good cypherthefallenangel! I was planning on using Cypher as the Sgt as well. Hey, can the Sergeant be given a powersword, plasmapistol and bolt pistol? Or is it "Swap bolt pistol/CCW for one of the following..."

I dimly recall a whispered rumor of a Gunslinger box set for the Dark Angels. That would be awesome if we got something like that in the next codex! Fingers Crossed! Of course, if it's an entirely new unit option, then it better be more then just plasma pistols and bolt pistols!

Actually I didn't forget them :cuss Please click on the link titled "(which actually is a rip-off of this)" in my previous post.

Libby in a unit could indeed increase the hurt. The divination primaris power is great. Rerolling gets hot is very nice. Question is if Ezekiel is overkill?

The way my friends and I have interpreted the rules, a psyker arriving from reserves won't generate any warp charge points that turn because he's not on the table at the start of the turn. He's also not on the table at the start of the movement phase so even if he has the warp charge points he can't cast any blessings or maledictions that turn. Which means he can't step out of a drop pod and use prescience for a re-rolls to hit alpha strike. :(

I'm happy to be proved wrong however.

[edit] It appears LidlessPraetor already made this point in the DA librarians thread.

The way my friends and I have interpreted the rules, a psyker arriving from reserves won't generate any warp charge points that turn because he's not on the table at the start of the turn. He's also not on the table at the start of the movement phase so even if he has the warp charge points he can't cast any blessings or maledictions that turn. Which means he can't step out of a drop pod and use prescience for a re-rolls to hit alpha strike. :)

I'm happy to be proved wrong however.

[edit] It appears LidlessPraetor already made this point in the DA librarians thread.

You are correct no blessings may be cast on the turn a psycher arrives from reserve. It does say specifically that exact instance in the brb. Which means I played that wrong during my last game. I guess im still stuck in 5th with the psychic rules. This does kinda nerf these guys a little until we get the new codex.

it doesn't mention wether or not are force points are disallowed by reserves. Force points are generated at the beginning of the turn. Reserves are placed at the beginning of the turn also so until faq'd personally I'm leaning twards yes, for the force points.

You are correct no blessings may be cast on the turn a psycher arrives from reserve. It does say specifically that exact instance in the brb. Which means I played that wrong during my last game. I guess im still stuck in 5th with the psychic rules. This does kinda nerf these guys a little until we get the new codex.

it doesn't mention wether or not are force points are disallowed by reserves. Force points are generated at the beginning of the turn. Reserves are placed at the beginning of the turn also so until faq'd personally I'm leaning twards yes, for the force points.

Force points? What are those and where are the rules for them? Force weapons require one Warp Charge point to activate them. I'm confused. ;)

Force points? What are those and where are the rules for them? Force weapons require one Warp Charge point to activate them. I'm confused. ;)

Yah I ment warp charge. :)

I like the idea a Libby azreal and 8 vets with plas pistols and one with melta in drop pod or land raider for me drop pod. 3+ 4++ with re rolls once Libby can cast. Hard unit to take down.

I bet the other guys tease the melta guy behind his back (Tehe! Bob-iel brought the wrong weapon again.. *much sniggering ensued*) :D On the serious note, a meltagun could do wonders given certain situations

Only "problem" with this unit is that its over 600 points without the transports... add a landraider and thats almost 900 points. I'm considering naming the landraider in question "Basket". That way I can say all my eggs are in the same .... well, you get the point.

(Great addition for the new chapter of the life and times of Brother Nemiel: Why on earth is Nemiel calling the company veterans eggs? Now, if I only come up with some lame joke about ad-libbing and adding librarians to a squad... Ladies, Heretics & Gentlemen: May we present yet another face palm moment with Brother Nemiel!)

I was looking through the brb today and found a small change from 5th ed that I haven't noticed before. Gunslinger vet get +1 attack for 2 close combat weapons. It doesn't make them cc monster or anything but hay, it helps.

I know ;) That's the sneaky flipside of the coin. Three cc attacks a piece if charged. Four if managing a charge, although gunslinging is the primary trick since havent any funny ccw's.

Archived