Awesome Point sink?

Brother Nemiel

I know :yes: That's the sneaky flipside of the coin. Overwatch followed by three cc attacks a piece if charged. Four if managing a charge, although gunslinging is the primary trick since havent any funny ccw's.

Fixed that for you. :lol:

I'm liking the idea of this unit more and more.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a few games in yesterday useing these guys so i figured I would share the results.

I used...

Ezekiel

9x vets with 8 plasma pistols and a plasma gun.

485+ transport.

I put them in a Crusader for one game and droppod for the other.

In both games they they popped out and laid waste to there intended targets. in the first game, 1850 against ork horde. I used the crusader to get them into range of his loota's. Having zeke cast presence, I roll up and pop out about 2inches from them. I also drop a death wing squad into his other squad of lootas to take a little heat off the vets. My vets shoot the 1st squad of lootas. 10 bolter shots and 10 plasma shots, 15 lootas die. Presence really helped. It saved 4 get hot results and added about 5 more hits than with out it. I weather his shooting loosing 1 vet. Again dw absorbed a lot of fire power that could have hurt the vets. Even though there are 60 shoota boyz he refuses to charge. I think he was afraid of the overwatch shooting with the rerolls. Well that and zeke and a crapload of cc attacks. My turn I cast presence then advance on 1 unit shootas with a wierd boy, hoping to kill a bunch then charge in for the kill. I shoot and kill 13 shootas and im out of charge range. Seeing the vets just devouer 2 units the orks decide to concentrate on them. A lucky zap-gun shot kills 5 and another eats a rocket intended for zeke. 2 vets and zeke left. still no charge. My turn I kill the weird boy with plasma and assault the shootas that are left. I wipe them out and im stuck in the open. Zeke and the remaining vets die honorable deaths.

The second game 1850 against smurfs.

This time riding in a droppod. Turn 2 they drop in on an objective and wreck an auto-las predator(2 get hot but saves are made) and zeke splits off and casts flame breath on a home objective camping 5 man tac squad killing 2(one is the missile launcher) . soul blase kill 1 more later. Fortunately between the wreck and the drop pod I had some cover. Only 2 vets die his turn. My turn, a dakka dred is the only target I can get with in range of. Zeke casts presence on the vets and he finishes off the tacs. I wreck the dred and presence saves 4 vets from getting hot. The rest of the game my opponent kept pushing up field and pretty much abandoned his home objectives.

Over all I really like the damage output of these guys. Almost overkill. I would suggest taking the 1 plasma gun it gives you an extra ap2 shot and its the only gun in the squad that can range 24”. Plus after you shoot up your target you will have often killed too many to assault after. They are a little bit of a glass hammer. Over all I really like them. There a little expensive and short ranged but if you use them right and give them a little support they can really kick some ass.

The crusader was the most effective transport. A lot of points though. The added guns and having presence on the vets is a huge bonus to their tactical roll.

The droppod is great for getting them in fairly quick but the lack of presence and no assaulting can make them a suicide squad.

I got a few games in yesterday useing these guys so i figured I would share the results.

I used...

Ezekiel

9x vets with 8 plasma pistols and a plasma gun.

485+ transport.

I put them in a Crusader for one game and droppod for the other.

In both games they they popped out and laid waste to there intended targets. in the first game, 1850 against ork horde. I used the crusader to get them into range of his loota's. Having zeke cast presence, I roll up and pop out about 2inches from them. I also drop a death wing squad into his other squad of lootas to take a little heat off the vets. My vets shoot the 1st squad of lootas. 10 bolter shots and 10 plasma shots, 15 lootas die. Presence really helped. It saved 4 get hot results and added about 5 more hits than with out it. I weather his shooting loosing 1 vet. Again dw absorbed a lot of fire power that could have hurt the vets. Even though there are 60 shoota boyz he refuses to charge. I think he was afraid of the overwatch shooting with the rerolls. Well that and zeke and a crapload of cc attacks. My turn I cast presence then advance on 1 unit shootas with a wierd boy, hoping to kill a bunch then charge in for the kill. I shoot and kill 13 shootas and im out of charge range. Seeing the vets just devouer 2 units the orks decide to concentrate on them. A lucky zap-gun shot kills 5 and another eats a rocket intended for zeke. 2 vets and zeke left. still no charge. My turn I kill the weird boy with plasma and assault the shootas that are left. I wipe them out and im stuck in the open. Zeke and the remaining vets die honorable deaths.

The second game 1850 against smurfs.

This time riding in a droppod. Turn 2 they drop in on an objective and wreck an auto-las predator(2 get hot but saves are made) and zeke splits off and casts flame breath on a home objective camping 5 man tac squad killing 2(one is the missile launcher) . soul blase kill 1 more later. Fortunately between the wreck and the drop pod I had some cover. Only 2 vets die his turn. My turn, a dakka dred is the only target I can get with in range of. Zeke casts presence on the vets and he finishes off the tacs. I wreck the dred and presence saves 4 vets from getting hot. The rest of the game my opponent kept pushing up field and pretty much abandoned his home objectives.

Over all I really like the damage output of these guys. Almost overkill. I would suggest taking the 1 plasma gun it gives you an extra ap2 shot and its the only gun in the squad that can range 24”. Plus after you shoot up your target you will have often killed too many to assault after. They are a little bit of a glass hammer. Over all I really like them. There a little expensive and short ranged but if you use them right and give them a little support they can really kick some ass.

The crusader was the most effective transport. A lot of points though. The added guns and having presence on the vets is a huge bonus to their tactical roll.

The droppod is great for getting them in fairly quick but the lack of presence and no assaulting can make them a suicide squad.

Pure liquid awesome sauce! Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Now I just got to have these... I still haven't received my parts yet. Have to go to my local gaming store and find out why the delay...

Archived