Storm Giants - 250 points a month!

nippy longskar

Hi folks,

I'm a newbie here, but as I'm just starting up a couple of marine projects I thought this would be a good place to post them and get some feedback!

First up, my Storm Giants are going to be a gradual build; 250 points painted each month, first batch to be done by the end of September.

This is part of a 'Tale of X gamers' that we're running at the painting studio where I work. For the first month we need a troops choice and an HQ. October is Elites, Fast Attack in November and Heavy in December. you can always add troops and add onto previous selections too, so for example a 5 man tac squad could be bolstered to 10 and given the appropriate weapon upgrades.

Anyway here's my first 2 tac marines:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s5/tommiesoule/stormgiants.jpg

More to follow soon! Any feedback on the paintjobs, or thoughts on army lists, would be much appreciated!

Those Storm Giants are looking awesome! The paint job is excellent. I especially like the 'chipping' on the armour. If I was to offer one minor critique it would be that the 'black lining' looks a little too dark.

I can't wait to see the rest of the squad and I look forward to seeing this project each month :lol:

The paint is stunning, and I love the industrial bases; very cool looking. My only nitpick would be the coloring of the cabling and vents; for example, the chestplate of the "beaky", and the wires on the other fella's ankle. It looks a bit odd painted the same color as the warplate itself.

Minor, though, in the face of awesomeness. Looking forward to what else you come up with!

@ kizzdougs

Thanks mate. I agree about the black lining, I used the old GW inks and they're a bit severe. Going to try a more muted colour in future, something like catachan green.

@ Mr.Malevolent

Cheers! I have to admit a lot of the appeal of the chapter was in the unusual colouring - how often do you get to slap rotting flesh all over your marines?

@ 1000heathens

Thanks, I'm pleased with the look of the bases and the contrast to the armour colour. Great spot on the vents/cables! I think I'll go back and hit these with black; will be a worthwhile improvement I feel.

So, for the future, my 1K list is going to be a recon/rapid response type force. So, it'll be Scout heavy (3 units of 5 plus 3 bikers), with Drop Pod Sternguard (those guys from the OP will be in that squad), a Storm Talon, and a Land Speeder Storm, and the HQ is going to be (Cheese Alert) a counts as Pedro Kantor. I'm working on my kitbashed Storm Giants Pedro at the moment, so he'll be the next mini to feature, in the next coupla days hopefully.

Archived