Squad leader

Drahazar

Deathwing can be any colour ranging from white to bone white depending on what takes your fancy. 'Officially' a bone white is the colour of choice currently used by GW but for my tastes it's a bit creamy.

Btw, you can also paint them black and say they're from an era that pre-dates the Plains World incident.

Cheers

I

In my army, sergeants have white laurel leaves on their helmets.

Veteran Sergeants have white helmets with green laurels.

The rule of cool can be used to enhance and augment the existing fluff. Just try to be consistent about it. :huh:

Very Respectfully,

--Unforgiven

There's never been an outright statement about how DA denote sergeants (excluding 1st edition, where sergeants had white chapter badges whilst the rank and file had yellow) but if memory serves all the DA sergeants in Angels of Death had a winged skull on their helmet - red skull (codex rank emblem for sergeant) with white wings.

Terminology note: squad leader is an obsolete rank separate to that of sergeant.

To give them a little something to stand out on the battlefield, I used the robed models to represent the sergeants in each squad. This makes them stand out a little more, even with their special weapon load out. Also, I've painted all my Deathwing use a bleached bone color, so they're not white but are unmistakably bone colored.

... if memory serves all the DA sergeants in Angels of Death had a winged skull on their helmet - red skull (codex rank emblem for sergeant) with white wings.

I salute your memory sir! I'd never even noticed that.

To give them a little something to stand out on the battlefield, I used the robed models to represent the sergeants in each squad.

Same here...at least for tactical squads. Except for the two robed tactical squads...their sergeants are robe-less. And devastator sergeants are robeless, too.

To give them a little something to stand out on the battlefield, I used the robed models to represent the sergeants in each squad.

Same here...at least for tactical squads. Except for the two robed tactical squads...their sergeants are robe-less. And devastator sergeants are robeless, too.

I used a robed model to represent my Devastator Sergeant. Also for my Ravenwing, I used the robed models that come with the Ravenwing Bike Squadron. I was working on a Veterans Squad and was using robed models for them as well, but that plan went on the back burner until I finish my current projects.

i followed the GW scheme entrely to see what it looked like though i was very sparing with the 'dry', using it mainly on the hard updard facing edges at the front of the model

this was a pretty fast test model (excluding drying time for the shade) which i think shows but it wouldnt take a lot longer to have been a bit more careful. i'm slowly tidying it up along side my path to redepemption AoV squad as i do the appropriate colours on them

Archived