Johns new Nurgle project

John_f

Hello all!

Since I'm just about finished with my Lamenters army I needed a new project and with some new, cheap and great looking CSM/cultist models comming out I was thinking of starting a Nurgle based CSM/demon army. Fun to paint and fun to convert. Unfortunately I don't have any experience playing them but I will probably wait for the new codex before actually fielding them =)

Anyway, not much yet but I have started converting one of the CSM from DV.

Tentacle

A2XpdNOCQAAtJ0W.jpg

Nurgle shoulder pad

A2XpZXDCAAInTuN.jpg

This is the finished sample figure. To be honest I'm not very happy with the end result. Some lessons learned;

-paint in the paintbrush has to be SUPER thin. Like milk.

-Do not paint the rust stains, use pigments.

-Don't try to "spice things up" by using turquise on the paint chip highligts. Just add white to the final higligt color.

And what about the bolter casing? Should I try to mix in a third main color or just keep it black?

A2ndBhDCUAEjvRo.jpg

Awesome work! When I first saw the DV minis I thought that they would work well in most legions except maybe the TS and DG. You've really managed to make them fit the Nurgle theme brilliantly. The GS work is looking great, I especially love the power fist on the painted chosen.

I can't wait to see more, especially a lord or hellbrute ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Things are moving slow due to trivial matter such as work and family. My Lord Nurgle is not pleased. I have managed to get the group to TT standard atleast. Notice how there are no lightning claw guys there? I'll be converting those to warp talons =)

A3v4Zq5CQAAazqJ.jpg

"First shalt thou take out your whole Unholy Army. Then shalt thou count to Seven, no more, no less. Seven shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be Seven. Eight shalt thou not count, neither count thou six, excepting that thou then proceed to Seven. Nine is right out. Once the number seven, being the seventh number, be reached, then formest thou thy first Plague Marine squad. Likewise, thou shall marshall thy remaining troops in squads of Seven, and Seven shall be the number of brothers in each of your squad."

:woot: Yeah, a close-up would be nice. Particularly of the guy that looks like he's on a leash, and the guy that has him. Great stuff so far!

Cheers, JT

• 2 weeks later...

Some sample WIP for the Non-plague marine part of the army. I wanna be able to use them as pre-heresey Death guard as a choose. Hence the "clean" look.

A4lkQwTCAAAHrDD.jpg

I have also begun rebuilding my hellbrutes into Maulerfiends (nobrainer). My local group was ok with this since I would be getting 5+ anyhow. Just need to add a beast head and some trophy racks and find some monsterbases:

A4ljbOKCYAA3eoS.jpg

Great to see somebody's putting the snails to use. I've become aware of these guys just a couple of days ago and had exactly that idea, to field them as spawns. Your's look awesome. If I were you, I tried to achieve a little stronger contrast between the shells and the actual snail bodies, like trying to tone the shells down to a darker tone, with a strong black wash maybe ... But that's obviously a matter of personal preference. You've done a superb job on them. I love them!

Cheers, JT

Archived