"Failcast" Reinforcements...

Jolemai

40k Advance Orders

All our Special Characters, many of our regular Characters and some weapon options have now been given the Finecast treatment and are up for Advance Order on the GW website. What are you thoughts on these changes? Have Finecast improved enough to lose the hyperbole in the thread title or do they still deserve the name? Are Finecast weapon options as useable as plastic ones?

Personally the Sternguard pack is a nice touch and I may have to get a set to save on conversion time...

I bought a finecast Trazyn last week, quite fine apart from a slight hole in the shoulderpad and bubble on a pipe, all sorted with PVA glue liquid greenstuff.

I'll be picking up a sanguinor to cut up and repose at somepoint. Unthinkable in metal.

I was hoping for new shoulderpads sculpts but they seems as the older metal ones what are rather small compared to the plastic ones, its that hard to resculpt and then cast them GW...!!! ... ;)

Yea, it actually probably does cost quite a lot to get these made. I would suggest making GS moulds of the excellent BA chapter shoulderpads that they produced in the DC, SG and Baal Predator kits.

The Finecast stuff I've bought of late has all been perfectly fine, and it is SO much easier to convert.

On the other hand, I bought a metal mini the other day and there is so much flashing on it that I gained more respect for Finecast.

I have no experience with the "early" Finecast, but I would say it's improved a lot, because I've had only good experiences with the stuff myself. So I would say it's a plus to have these minis out in resin, now.

Archived