4 armies, the vote is done.

Adeptus-Alaska

Hells yeah! I was so excited when I woke up this morning, one more sign that fox season is approaching, lol.

Anywhoo, love the Dread, man. He looks very clean and crisp. Still, though, it's the Marines Errant that I'm looking forward to, for obvious reasons, lol.

ARMIES ON PARADE (four armies style)

here are the first two armies just so you can see what they'll look like.

first the Dark Angels

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i438/furioso-prime/20120929_115036.jpg

And my 8yo's Blood Angels.

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i438/furioso-prime/20120929_124149.jpg

next up is the Marines Errant and the Black templars.

I haven't forgotten about this, I promise! my 8yo caught the flu and was nice enough to share. but I have done some organizing, and planning. so, some changes are coming..... the main push is the Dark Angels, but the marines Errant are coming to the for soon!

well, like my friend 1000heathens, some of my 40crack didn't fare too well on the trip through Canada.......

on of the things lost was a razorback turret. to remedy the deep personal loss, I knocked this little babay up!

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i438/furioso-prime/20121007_130041.jpg

yep, the vulcan mega-bolter makes an appearence in an astartes army! I'm gonna call it a counts as twin linked Heavy bolter!

now, the question is, wich of the four armies should it go too?

• 2 weeks later...

well crap, looks like I still can't decide on an army <_<

so having dropped three I am going to put it to a vote!

there will be some choices. and they will all be seldom seen chapters plus a few mor common ones. I might even be open to some Chaos *GASP*

I'll put up the choices when I figure out the ones I can stand!

some are gonna be Badab, some 13th Black Crusade, and some, just plain obscure!

but, you don't have to wait for voting to cast your lot now. I am very open to suggestions.

Here are the choices.

1. Iron Snakes....................................5

2. Doom Legion...................................1

3. Raptors..........................................3

4. Lamenters......................................3

5. The Son's of Orar............................1

6. White Consuls.................................3

7. Death Gaurd...................................1

8. Slaanesh Army of some sort!.............1

9. The Fallen (Undivided,dark Angels)....2

10. Silver Skulls....................................4

homorable mention:

Star Phantoms......................................1

Mortificators.........................................2

And two "in person" votes from up here in anchorage.

Minotaurs.............................................1

Carcharadons Astra................................1

I am seriously leaning towards Iron Snakes. but the other two, I just dont know. so get a voting, and we'll see where the cards fall.

Here's my votes:

1- The Fallen

Reason: LOTS of modeling options. The DA are gettign a new codex soon, and you can write lists with either chaos or loyalist codecies. Also, the DA Veteran squads are really fun for cnverting with this stuff. Mix them, a box o loyalists and a box of traitors, and you'll have a few REALLY nice squads. With the addition of the Dark Apostle to Chaos, your Fallen Chaplain can be a Dark Apostle in a Chaos list, and a normal haplain in a loyalist one.There are many options for you to take with them modeling and gaming wise.

2- Silver Skulls

Reason: They have a very interesting fluff storyline. They have lots of extremely secret projects going on, just read Gildar Rift by Sarah Cawkwell. Their entire story is amazing, and you can do many things with them, considering the fluff. You would be able to have a lot of fun painting the tatoos they have on their faces for tribal markings and probably have some fun making characters from the book.

3- Lamenters

Reason: They are awesome. They are a pain in the :cussing: to paint well, but they can coem out looking amazing. For them, you can use a Blood Angels list, and model the in many ways. Their colors are interesting and so is their fluff. IF you have played the Badab War campaign book from Forge World, I recommend reading about their special characters. They are game legal and add a lot of flavor to the army.

4- World Eaters

Reasons: Well, they are just amazing in general.

But then again...

5- Why not Zoidberg?

Reasons: Why not?

Well that's my two cents

1. Iron Snakes - If you're leaning towards them already then why not?

2. Raptors - Because they're just fun, plus you can appropriate ideas from The Yak and several others :P

3. White Consuls - Seldom seen, open to bit of flexibility.

4 - The Fallen - For all the reasons Lord of Blades stated plus Cypher :D

Iron Snakes. I've been a sucker for 'em ever since Dan Abnett's badass book of badassness.

Lamenters take a close second. Love the fluff, the heraldry, and their special characters in the Badab War books.

Iron Snakes. I've been a sucker for 'em ever since Dan Abnett's badass book of badassness.

Agreed, Brothers of the snake is an intensly badass book. I would just have to figure out the whole notable squad getting an apothacary. not even Blood angels can take that many!

so far that 2 each for Lamenters, the fallen, and the Iron snakes.

1) Doom Legion: If you look at Scytha's Doom Legion, you'll see why you should do this Chapter;

2) Silver Skulls: They're cool, and they have their own Silver Skulls discussion thread. One of BL's authors is lurking around (Pyroriffic) as shes' the one who's written all of the recent novels about the Silver Skulls;

3) Slaaneshi army: If done right, this kind of army can be absolutely stellar. A pretty good example is Mortarion's metal-themed Slaaneshi warband.

Ludovic

Archived