Dealing with Nobz and dakkas

Sviar

Congratulations, you're an idiot. Get my panties up my crack? Please, I'm enjoying this. It's so much more interesting then giving advice. Can't say the same for you, however. My only regret is that I have to do this with a fellow Dark Angel player, but when needs must...

I have played similar games with astounding success, and I don't have any Vindicators. My strategy was Devestators w/PC's & HB's, and proper placement of my forces.

DA can be shootie.

Forcing the Ork's to wade through 36" of fire decimates their capabilities quite well.

AND

Yes they were in ruins but no "Bolster Defense", I purposely set my forces deeper in my deployment zone forcing the OP to be at the 36" range on my first shot. At no times did the Orks ever make it half way across the table, so my defensive line never received any effective fire from the now walking Orks. On a side note; the OP was always in Truks and using DefKoptas.

There. You clearly state game(s) and that the Orks NEVER made it half way across the table. So, you were saying?

In addition, read the rules again, schmuck. It clearly states moving 12" in the SHOOTING PHASE. That's 24" a turn.

I must say that I have to concede the fact that I misunderstood where you deployed your forces, but it doesn't change the facts. If you are against your table edge, your 36" weaponry will not be in range with the Orks (unless the Orks are stupid) and they will get a clean first turn.

No, I worked it out using three Devastators and one turn of shooting against an equivalent amount of Orks. I can do the same by adding Tactical Marines and adding more Orks.

The bottom line, and why I had to comment about it, is that where we are trying to help someone against an Ork opponent, you are giving "sound" advice against what you admit to be an inexperienced Ork opponent. Well, I would rather cover up the margin of error and pretend a scenario where he is against a pro!

Concede to Orks? Pah! I beat them all the time, and lose as well, like anyone else. I play experienced players. (The moment I meet someone who says they always win, it tells me about their opponents and not about them). But I have never stopped a good Ork player reaching the halfway point. Perhaps not what you meant, but it is what you said. Thus, I was clearly correct that you had exaggerated.

As for the Vindi's, I will reiterate if it wasn't clear enough. Not my usual choice (I would go Dev's or Assault Marines in their place), but under the circumstances, it is unlikely that this opponent has a decent way of destroying them with ranged attacks. Therefore, why not make use of the Str 10 vs T 5? It's just a prudent adjustment, and I wouldn't suggest taking Vindi's vs Orks as a standard list.

Your move.

Archived