Return to the Rock

demio

After about a 12 month break from 40k I am returning to the hobby and have been saying for a long time now that I wan't to do my joint Deathwing/Ravenwing force.

So after raiding my storage I found ... a start.

I thought I would log my progress to keep me inspired a bit and chose the Dark Angel forum instead of the WIP forum because I like the community better here.

So you all have the unfortunate pleasure! :huh:

So I have a few models to start with all in different levels of completion so here it goes.

gallery_39558_7707_1340125.jpg

This is the first model I have actually started painting, I don't usually go with such a clean paint job but I must admit I'm liking this.

gallery_39558_7707_308996.jpg

The rest of the unit. Yes ... I wonder where I got these from? :)

Also being built and one ready for paint.

gallery_39558_7707_406127.jpg

gallery_39558_7707_655192.jpg

This one is going to be armed with a Plasma cannon and power fist.

And the squad I am enjoying the most is my soon to be converted command squad. ( All in various stages of being chopped up )

gallery_39558_7707_340348.jpg

gallery_39558_7707_1217142.jpg

The Apothacary finished and ready for paint. ( Yes this was a Space Hulk Terminator )

Oh and this when I get round to it.

gallery_39558_7707_1602013.jpg

Any comments, ideas, criticism are more then welcome especially as I am so early in the project.

Off to an ambitious start brother. Only comments I have are the space hulk genestealer head toting terminator may need an arm swap; and those models will need to be based on actual gw bases. The sergeant with the loose leather loincloth and cape may need to be filled in to make a long cape and cloak.

Keep up the good work, and I'm looking forward to more pictures!

Huzzah, more contemptors! Have you considered magnetising the arms to allow alternate weapons? Two slim disc magnets will do the job and don't require any cutting or drilling.

That's a nice smooth colour on the first terminator and the green eyes are extremely well done.

Archived