Very Bulky

Brother Noah

The rulebook FAQ adds "Very Bulky" to bikes and jet bikes. As far as I can see, this appears to be for transport purposes? Now I am not saying that I have a desire to, but could I technically attach a Sanguinary priest on a bike to a seven man tactical squad in a drop pod? This is simply innocent curiosity and I have no real interest or concern in doing so, I just wanted to figure out the purpose for adding that special rule. And who knows, maybe understanding it shall come in handy someday! Feedback much appreciated.

The rulebook states that transports are restricted to infantry (does not include jump/jet infantry) unless specifically stated in a vehicles special rule. The fact that bikes have a defined transport capacity does not change anything to that, in the same way as knowing that assault marines take 2 spots (they are defined as being bulky in the rulebook) does not make people put 5 of them in rhinos.

What this does, however, is open the door wide open for a book with a transport for bikes, like the storm raven can transport jump infantry. Upcoming DA ravenwing transport maybe?

The rulebook states that transports are restricted to infantry (does not include jump/jet infantry) unless specifically stated in a vehicles special rule. The fact that bikes have a defined transport capacity does not change anything to that, in the same way as knowing that assault marines take 2 spots (they are defined as being bulky in the rulebook) does not make people put 5 of them in rhinos.

What this does, however, is open the door wipe open for a book with a transport for bikes, like the storm raven can transport jump infantry. Upcoming DA ravenwing transport maybe?

Bike Transport sounds even dumber than Flying Land Raider did.

What this does, however, is open the door wipe open for a book with a transport for bikes, like the storm raven can transport jump infantry. Upcoming DA ravenwing transport maybe?

Bike Transport sounds even dumber than Flying Land Raider did.

Slightly aggressive response there, and lets be honest. No more silly than genetically engineered super soldiers with hi-tech armour and other goodies, yet decide to ride around on wolves and chop at things with axes. My point being that this is by far more plausable than some of the things that actually exist in game already.

If the explaination is plausible then carrying bikes is all good.

Night Scythe is a flying teleporter, It makes sense that whole wings of Night Scythes would be dedicated as Carrier Groups.

Marines a bound to have some form of fast attack transport for dropping bikes and land speeders in large numbers very quickly, probably a modified thunderhawk, hell the Caestus would make an amazing transport for bikes in urban environments, smash through a wall and unload a squad of Chopper riding marines, it would save on gas for the bikes bringing them in fresh, far faster then expecting them to ride across whole cities and most important for the marines, a powerful shock weapon.

Archived