Thunder hammer, strom shield and cyclone missle launcher?

irwit

Hi all,

Quick query, is this combo allowed and on which terminators? You cant seem to do it for blood angels but can on dark angels? Also is it any good? Im assuming you can move and fire with all "versions" of cyclone missile launcher?

Only Dark Angels Deathwing Terminators can have this load-out, to my knowledge. I'm pretty sure they can move and fire, IIRC, Relentless implies the model can move but can act as if it were stationary? Unless of course I am wrong.

Hope this helps.

Come, join us.

So you are basically having your cake and eating it, awesome combat with a couple of krak missiles every round, awesome ;)

I'm thinking some allied deathwing may be in order.

Looked at Space wolf but they are seriously expensive in comparison!

I think you are over analyzing this. The squad is going to take a heavy weapon, CML can go anywhere and unlike assault/auto-cannon you don't have to give up close combat weapons to take it. You can put it on a TH/SS model or put it on a TLC model but since the Stormshield has a better save it is a no brainer about where to put it.

Simple math is not overanalyzing.

Lose one model and lose X points of wargear is worse than losing one model and losing Y points of wargear if X>Y.

Also, losing one model and losing two special weapons is worse than losing one model and losing one special weapon.

Sure, if I'm running Wolves and am insane enough to buy a whole squad of TH/SS, I might as well plop the cyclone on top of one/two of them. Let's also hope I'm playing Apocalypse.

In "normal" games terminator squads are thin and every model is precious... no need to make them even more precious... plus, in the 6th, given the wound allocation rules, you'll want the shield guy leading from the front so he can eat as much fire as he possibly can before drowning in the inevitable bucket of dice.

Simple math is not overanalyzing.

Lose one model and lose X points of wargear is worse than losing one model and losing Y points of wargear if X>Y.

Also, losing one model and losing two special weapons is worse than losing one model and losing one special weapon.

Sure, if I'm running Wolves and am insane enough to buy a whole squad of TH/SS, I might as well plop the cyclone on top of one/two of them. Let's also hope I'm playing Apocalypse.

In "normal" games terminator squads are thin and every model is precious... no need to make them even more precious... plus, in the 6th, given the wound allocation rules, you'll want the shield guy leading from the front so he can eat as much fire as he possibly can before drowning in the inevitable bucket of dice.

So are you talking strictly about SW? Because with DW it is a no brainer to take a CML as you aren't paying anything extra for the TH/SS(or the LC's for that matter)

just dont put it on the sergent model! it'd be too easy to single him out in combat.

also - if you are taking deathwing allies you'll be taking belial, to make the deathwing a troops choice, who can be armed with claws or th/ss (or the never used storm bolter/sword combo). i'd sugget using the sergeant to tank for challenges with th/ss and belial having claws to be able to use his i5 to the best advantage.

if you have the points spare you can upgrade one deathwing squad with an apothecary for some feel no pain goodness too.

DeathNippleWing
sounds a bit slaanesh to me

going back to my post about the sergeant - the only advantage to it being on this guy is that he should have a look out sir save vs ranged weapony so he' a little bit more resilient vs precision shots

Archived