Khan

Pyro X

Eh, everyone had jetbikes back in the days, pretty much. I'm pretty sure it was the second of the Horus trilogy books that had an Emperor's Child mount up on a jetbike for recon? They really did used to be pretty common. Sammael just has (to everyone's knowledge) the last one, 10,000 years later.

Besides, if anyone else can have jetbikes, I'm pretty sure it's Khan.

And it doesn't go as far to specifically say he has the last one ever. Simply the "last known" saying even "Perhaps the Masters of the 2nd Companies of the other Unforgiven Chapters hold such wonders..."

Aaaaand, I also noted a typo, my copy actually has "Forgiven" in that line rather than "Unforgiven", lol.

guess I should have known better to read the fluff that said Sammael had that last working jetbike though

Why? And how does this pic invalidate that? This is the Primarch Khan, which means they had these 10k years ago.

I thought only the 1st foundings had Primarchs. white scars is a 2nd founding from the boys in blue.

No sir. Absolutely not. They were the 5th Legion created, and their Primarch was Jaghatai Khan. The White Scars helped attack traitors at a key space port during the battle of Terra.

Yeah, I was going to ask for clarification on which Khan was actually depicted, because we've had 10k years of them. Is it Jaghatai (the Primarch) or a more recent one, like Kyublai, Jubal or Kor'sarro Khan?

I assume from above statements though that this is Jaghatai, which means as a Primarch he totally could have a jetbike, no harm no foul to Sammael.

Plus just "Khan!" makes for an awesome Shatner-esque moment.

This is a HH book so I bet this is the Primarch. Of the White Scars. The V Legion. And he's riding a cool piece of machinery but nowhere near as rare as it came to be 10k years later... The problem with this pic is not the jet bike (which is perfectly plausible for the Khan to have) but perspective... There is something strange in it's sense of depth... unless it's time for me to visit the eye doctor! :lol:

I still can't get over the 30k tactic of CHAAAARRRGE!!!!!!!!!!.

A large group of greenskin infantry in the open, tightly packed without cover really calls for a bombardment of some kind, esp when the goodies have a mobility advantage and air/space Supremacy :lol:

Cool pic though, and I hope my copy of the book gets here in a timely fashion

:blink:

stobz

Yeah, I was going to ask for clarification on which Khan was actually depicted, because we've had 10k years of them. Is it Jaghatai (the Primarch) or a more recent one, like Kyublai, Jubal or Kor'sarro Khan?

I assume from above statements though that this is Jaghatai, which means as a Primarch he totally could have a jetbike, no harm no foul to Sammael.

Plus just "Khan!" makes for an awesome Shatner-esque moment.

Yeah, sorry, I saw this art pop up in the Horus Heresy subforum (it's going to, obviously, be adorning a White Scars work) and thought more people were magically aware of the fact that it's a 30k work :lol:

Worked for the bayonet charge, in the past. Arguably still does. :P

As long as the guys arguing it don't have machineguns or cannons "guns to the fore, guns to the right, guns to the left" (not a very accurate quote but meh)....;)

I know the grimdark far future is living in the 'past' but still :lol: I like my war dolls to be portrayed as thinking soldiers :cuss

Worked for the bayonet charge, in the past. Arguably still does. :wallbash:

As long as the guys arguing it don't have machineguns or cannons "guns to the fore, guns to the right, guns to the left" (not a very accurate quote but meh)....;)

I know the grimdark far future is living in the 'past' but still :D I like my war dolls to be portrayed as thinking soldiers :lol:

They are Mongols! Ideas of Bombardment does not appeal to them as much as riding down their foe and cruelly slashing them with Tulwars ;)

I know the grimdark far future is living in the 'past' but still :lol: I like my war dolls to be portrayed as thinking soldiers ;)

They are Mongols! Ideas of Bombardment does not appeal to them as much as riding down their foe and cruelly slashing them with Tulwars ;)

Well, actually Mongols were renowned for their arrows. ;)

I know the grimdark far future is living in the 'past' but still :lol: I like my war dolls to be portrayed as thinking soldiers ;)

Well, actually Mongols were renowned for their arrows. ;)

Yeah, but those come attached to the horses now. ;)

Archived