Reclusiarch and 5 DC outflanking.....

Grimtooth

maybe im missing something, but how are you making them outflank?

SW Saga of the Hunter, then attaching that Character to them-- its legal. Honestly though, I'd consider doing this with a DC Unit loaded into a Stormraven. Why? Ask IG Vendettas how they like Outflank to gain side-armor shots... plus with Acute Senses on that SW model, it only gets better.

For campaign games, I am adding a small BA ally list to act as 13th Co and Wulfen appearing mysteriously to aid my main SW force. A reclusiarch and DC attached with one of my cheap HQ choices with Saga of the Hunter will be my 13th Co and Wulfen element.

That being said, jump packs are out as I cannot give my HQ with Saga of the Hunter a jumppack. Any other ideas?

Initially I thought just a couple of axes for ap2 while retaining the ccw bonus and then maybe something heavy like a thunder hammer.

If you are considering running SW that can outflank you are better taking a outflanking Grey Hunters/Blood Claws with them so that you are making the best use of your points.

This is specifically for campaign games to introduce an element and storyline to the whole campaign, not as a way to up the power of my army list. Yes an outflanking GH unit is much better, but then they really aren't representative of Space Wolves that have been in the Eye of Terror for 10,000yrs and have been turned into Wulfen.

Honestly I would add 2 more bodies, 2 axes and a TH and try to get some MB in there. Or run them with a unit of giant rideable wolves (sorry - had to say it ) :P

Are you using any other BA units?

I have thought of dropping the reclusiarch and going for a much cheaper BA HQ to fit a couple more bodies in there as I have heard that the rerolling hits and wounds from the reclusiarch is a bit of overkill. But then the fluff part of me says that a Wulfen are supposed to be a bit of overkill....lol.

SW Saga of the Hunter, then attaching that Character to them-- its legal. Honestly though, I'd consider doing this with a DC Unit loaded into a Stormraven. Why? Ask IG Vendettas how they like Outflank to gain side-armor shots... plus with Acute Senses on that SW model, it only gets better.

Never mind, I think I was tired when I wrote this---- SW character riding in a BA transport is not legal. wopwop.

This is specifically for campaign games to introduce an element and storyline to the whole campaign, not as a way to up the power of my army list. Yes an outflanking GH unit is much better, but then they really aren't representative of Space Wolves that have been in the Eye of Terror for 10,000yrs and have been turned into Wulfen.

Ive been thinking of running a Lib with the reroll power from the BGB, add 7 DC w bolters 2 axes and a TH and I think it looks fluffy (or extra universe back ground material compliant) as a Wulfen unit. thoughts?

Ive been thinking of running a Lib with the reroll power from the BGB, add 7 DC w bolters 2 axes and a TH and I think it looks fluffy (or extra universe back ground material compliant) as a Wulfen unit. thoughts?

Oh yea, great idea that I also contemplated. Basically I have been plugging in combinations of Wolf Guard Battle Leader or Wolf Priest with BA Captains, Librarians, or Reclusiarch. Personally, I think that the BA codex is by far the best way to rep a 13th Co strike force if you self-regulate your choices strictly in the spirit of the 13th Co:

No TDA

No Vehicles

If I really went all out I would have the following,

Librarian or Librarian depending on which SW HQ with Saga of the Hunter I choose

Sang Guard as Storm Claws

Death Company as Wulfen

Assault Squad minus jumppacks as Grey Slayers

Bike Squad as Storm Claw Bikers

That would my solid 13th Co ally list for my main SW army.

Archived