Vindicator vs new meta

teku

I don't think 145 pts is that big an investment at 1750. If it takes all the fire first turn then the rest of your army isn't getting shot and if it gets to fire it's gonna do some damage.

I took two to a doubles tournament last weekend one BA one SW and they more than made the points cost back over the course of the weekend.

You kinda need 3 or atleast 2 if you want to run vindicators. 1 will die or get one shot off and then die in round 1.

Flyers are becoming more and more popular aswell.

I regularly play BA with 3 vindicators with good results... fun results too! :tu:

I run 3 with a mech heavy list... I find that they are super scary to opponents, who pile fire into them. Even if they don't do anything

it means they've absorbed fire. I usually nail a tank or two with them...

The rest of my army is simply tacticals in rhinos... People seem to think they are 'meh' and tend to ignore them. I have faith though..

40 marines piling into your lines can hurt...

That being said, I don't play tournaments, only pick up games and friendly games... I

The more I think about it, the more I come to realise that the randomness of the scatter is what really kills it for me. Some of our other HS choices might not have as much damage potential, but they are far less unpredictible in their effectiveness.

^this for me.

cover on top of that makes for pain.

Id rather lay down 10 shots from a baal and leave the rest to weight of dice.

The more I think about it, the more I come to realise that the randomness of the scatter is what really kills it for me. Some of our other HS choices might not have as much damage potential, but they are far less unpredictible in their effectiveness.

^this for me.

There is nothing that prevents you from doing both.

In all honesty I like to field 3 of them, they are a mayor target, sometimes they are not worth all the effort, but vs marines, tyranids, orks and guard they are quite good imho.

In short, if you want to field them, do it.

If you want to field anything, you will =). Plain and simple.

Some ppl just can't stand the 10-2 pieplate =). Like: "O-HO-HO, I gonna hammer the hole in the table with that OSSOM KABOOM!" :)

Is a vindi so good, that you want to field them en'masse? IMHO not so..

Baal is more flexible unit for the same cost.

I've been running 2 Vindicators since 6th came out, and they have been doing awesome for me. The scatter isn't a big deal and they absolutely trash opposing infantry which most people seem to be running in this edition. Of course they take out opposing vehicles much easier now since you get full Strength if the template touches at all. I don't think I'll ever not take at least 1 of them, but 2 seems to be the sweet spot.

If you want to field anything, you will =). Plain and simple.

Some ppl just can't stand the 10-2 pieplate =). Like: "O-HO-HO, I gonna hammer the hole in the table with that OSSOM KABOOM!" :lol:

Is a vindi so good, that you want to field them en'masse? IMHO not so..

Baal is more flexible unit for the same cost.

Remember, it's S10, AP1!!!

It's a vehicle slaughtering machine, especially truks, raiders, etc, etc...

^this for me.

^^^ Don't forget the ability to twin-link Preds/Baals/Vindies via Prescience

Baals and Vindies are better against different things - Baals against light/medium infantry, Vindies heavy infantry (especially multi wound models like Paladins, Nobs, TWC etc) and vehicles.

Archived