Gulliman Heresy (Some Fear to Tread Spoilers inside)

Blindhamster

Thought I'd make a reply here in response to Mogsam, the same as I did in the parent thread.

Thing is, the factions are pretty much locked in. The Blood Angels patron being Khorne was decided very, very early on, so we can't switch the Gods now. How they turn, and what happens to Sanguinius, is what we're concerned with atm. That's why we got the BA subforum involved. We needed the story to sound plausible enough that they'd be happy with it. Which is where the suggestions come in.

Tbh, the real mogul when it comes to narrative, is Cormac and if he can take on the best suggestions, or parts thereof, and make a great yarn out of it, I'm happy. We just need to tell a great alternative story and if we can convince BA players that this is a plausible scenario, then our job is done. :lol:

Although, I'm not a BA player or anything. Have yet to get the codex and read a bit from Fear to Tread so my background is not as strong as the season vets. out there. I thought I add comething to his to make it more "original". This is something I thought of in my mind. Would this work?

I've been thinking about this for sometime and even somthing similar for my Sangy. Heresy. How about if Sangy. lost this wings like they were ripped out from him in a battle yet the blood that's oozing out and the rage made it so that the blood turns into something like a wing for Sangy. Not quite sure it this is a great idea or not but just throwing things out there. The ripped wings could symbolize that he's fallen from the grace of the Emperor and could not be saved but still redeemed. Not sure as to how his wings are ripped:

Maybe the fight with Angron:

Finding his brother and telling him to kill him. The battle lasted some days or weeks before Angron best Sangy. and went as far as ripping apart his angelic wings. As Angron steeped into deliver the killing blow to his brother, something unexpected happen. The blood oozing out from where his wing has been slowly morphed to resemble a mockery of his beloved wings. Upon seeing this for himself, Sangy. went into a rage, his eyes shine bright red like that of the color of blood. In his frustration he went and attacked his brother, Angron while yelling from the top of his lungs "KILL ME!!! KILL ME NOW!! HIS IS NOT WHAT I ASKED FOR!" Defending as best as he could and yet still wore out from the fight, Angron tries to defend himself and find an opening to attack his brother. With each blow, SAngy. attack becomes strong and more powerful to the point where he kills his brother. When the rage subsides, he realizes what he has done.

The story could go from there however you see fit. What happen before and why he seeks out Angron and wanting to die could be a vision he saw or such. Hopes you can branch out from this or use some part of this in the lore of the Blood Angels and Sangy., himself.

I already posted this on the GH Topic. Hope this is received well. :D

I've been thinking about this for sometime and even somthing similar for my Sangy. Heresy. How about if Sangy. lost his wings like they were ripped out from him in a battle yet the blood that's oozing out and the rage made it so that the blood turns into something like a wing for Sangy. Not quite sure it this is a great idea or not but just throwing things out there. The ripped wings could symbolize that he's fallen from the grace of the Emperor and could not be saved but still redeemed.

The loss of Sanguinius' wings is an interesting notion, if somewhat brutal. However, I doubt the Rage would form blood the way you describe it would. Perhaps something like the Warp or Khorne would be able to do that, but not the Rage. Also - I would think an opportune moment for such an injury to happen would be in his battle against the Emperor, rather than Angron, considering they (the Emperor and Sanguinius) brawl on Terra. That is, if it (the injury) happens at all.

Archived