DA Termie captain/chapter master - 2 HAMMERS!

paranoidhal86

Hi guys

Just started playing 40k 6th ed, been into 40k for 15 years.

Basically I want to lead my dark angel army with a guy in termie amour, first whats the differance between a captain and chapter master other than rank of course. PROS AND CONS

And can i arm him with two thunder hammers, not only would this look cool but would make him a badass . . . i hope. i think the rules allow this but not sure. also if not hammers that what weapons ?

in the SM codex it says u can swap storm boltler for hammer and swap power sword for a hammer. ???

any help and advice would awesome

Sounds like your reading out of Codex: Space Marines. If you're wanting to run with normal marines you might want to check out Amicus Aedes, Index Astartes, or even the Ultramarines sub-forums.

If you're interested in Dark Angels we have our own codex. We don't have the build your own chapter master we have Azrael. As for company masters we have three choices Belial, Sammael, and the build your own. Belial only has three options: master crafted power sword and storm bolter, twin lighting claws, and one thunder hammer and a storm shield. A bit further down the Dark Angels forum you'll see an ongoing discussion on which load out for him is better. If you try the search function you'll probably find numerous discussions of character load outs and comparisons of characters.

I haven't seen anyone do dual wielding thunder hammers as there really isn't much game benefit. You could probably use two power mauls as well.

The dark angel codex does not have chapter masters or captains. Instead, it has only the company master. He's in power armor and cannot upgrade it. He cannot take 2 thunder hammers, just one. I recommend taking a look at the dark angel codex since there are many differences between it and codex space marines.

Cheers guys

and yeah your right i havent got my da codex yet lol

also i have a stormraven what color should it be fluff wise ?

thanks again

Only BLood angels or grey knights can take ravens, so your out of luck there. Unless you ally with your vanilla marines. (I do vanilla+dark angels for my fallen army)

As for the double hammers. It can be done but that's 60 points for an extra attack. You should go with one hammer and a chapter banner for the same effect but more value.

Hammers are good but not as good as a relic blade. You can keep your strikes an i5 and +2 strength on 3 ws6 attack is amazing.

Only Blood Angels and Grey Knights can take the storm raven. However, There is an excellent storm raven painted in ravenwing colors here http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...t&p=3058829

If you're dead set on putting a storm raven in your army though, you can ally in Blood Angels, who are battle brothers with Dark Angels. It's actually not a bad combination.

Cheers guys

thanks again

Only BLood angels or grey knights can take ravens, so your out of luck there. Unless you ally with your vanilla marines. (I do vanilla+dark angels for my fallen army)

As for the double hammers. It can be done but that's 60 points for an extra attack. You should go with one hammer and a chapter banner for the same effect but more value.

Hammers are good but not as good as a relic blade. You can keep your strikes an i5 and +2 strength on 3 ws6 attack is amazing.

Allying with vanilla marines will not give you access to the storm raven, just the storm talon. And just to be clear, The double hammers are only possible in codex space marines, as are relic blades and ws6.

Cheers guys

thanks again

Allying with vanilla marines will not give you access to the storm raven, just the storm talon. And just to be clear, The double hammers are only possible in codex space marines, as are relic blades and ws6.

Yes. Vanilla + ba or gk is what I was referring to, sorry for the confusion. I should have clarified what codex I was referring to.

Don't start the Stormraven fluff discussion again ^_^

It is not in our codex so there is no fluff for it - I went for it as part of the Ravenwing but arguments can also be made for it being in the Armoury or Fleet.

Paint it how you want. :)

Maybe paranoidhal knows something about the release of a new DA codex that you guys dont :P

I'm really hoping not, I'm personally looking for something a little more original for the new DA Codex than just theft of other Chapters' toys. A double-hammer Company Master doesn't really fit any DA aesthetic I've ever seen.

Archived