The BL book The Unforgiven

Sviar

So I just finished The Unforgiven by Graham McNeill. I think that Interrogator Chaplain Bareus saves Kaelen by

making him part of the Deathwing in the end.

But what happens when a regular DA Space Marine knows the truth, does he get executed?

Executing a marine is a bit extreme considering the effort, resources, training, and experience he will have received. These guys are priceless.

I think it's said somewhere in the fluff that when a DA comes close to the truth they are scrutinised closely by Ezekiel to see if their mind is ready. If they are found worthy they will be elevated to veteran status and passed into the Deathwing (or some holding circle if the Deathwing is at full capacity. If the marine is found to not be worthy of elevation then a spot of mind scrubbing is in order. Nothing as severe as lobotomy and servitorification, but some selective mind barriers put in place by a librarian to hide the knowledge from the marine. Said marine would then be returned to service as if they had not learned of the fallen, to continue fighting the enemies of mankind.

Al

And there is precident.

Fallen Angels has a librarian mind locking another apprentice librarian at the order of Big E... (over a totally different secret...)

But Barius also needed someone to report what happened

Is the Fallen librarian

working for the Emperor against DA?

, or did I missread your reply. If I did get it right, where can I get information on the different secret. BL novel?

Is this only a stand-alone e-book or is it also part of a compilation? I'm finding it very hard to keep up with the Black Library releases now, what with previews, e-books, advance orders etc.

Consider this: how often do the Dark Angels find Fallen? I'm willing to wager it's something that happens rather infrequently. We see a lot of instances of it because it's the Dark Angels' signature conflict/theme, but in actual practice I bet they find a Fallen Angel maybe a handful of times per century.

Also, consider this: is the average Fallen a dismissable threat? I'd say no to that. Time and time again, what we see of the Fallen points to powerful renegades, champions of Chaos, etc. We have Astelan, once a Chapter Master and one the finest swordsmen in the Legion, who subverted an entire planet to his rule. We have Zeriah, also known as Elucidax the Keeper, who - the fluff implies - killed a dozen Dark Angels on his own and lived even after an assault cannon blew half his chest away. We have Cephesus the Prophet, who was able to slay multiple Interrogator Chaplains during his "career", and commanded a half-Dreadnought abomination.

My point is this. Dark Angels will not find the Fallen very often. When they do find the Fallen, they try very hard to engage them and capture them in a way that keeps the uninitiated Battle Brothers ignorant of their existence. Fallen tend to be quite powerful. Thus, if an uninitiated Battle Brother somehow encounters a Fallen and defeats him... he's proven some commendable prowess and fortitude. This isn't exactly an individual you want to send to the Librarius for mind-wiping.

If one of Astelan's cronies was running through a hallway screaming about Luther and the Lion, and Battle Brother Michael inadvertantly heard him, and then blew the Fallen's head off before he even got a chance to turn around and see his enemy... yeah, alright, Michael's probably going to be mind-wiped. He killed a Fallen that was no more powerful than a standard Astartes, and simply demonstrated good marksmanship. The guy who fought Cephesus, though? That guy earned his promotion (I think)!

And there is precident.

Fallen Angels has a librarian mind locking another apprentice librarian at the order of Big E... (over a totally different secret...)

But Barius also needed someone to report what happened

Is the Fallen librarian

working for the Emperor against DA?

, or did I missread your reply. If I did get it right, where can I get information on the different secret. BL novel?

In the BL books "Descent of Angels" and "Fallen Angels" from the HH series

has a loyalist Libby mindlocking an apprentice Libby at the orders of the Emperor... because of a secret that Big E doesnt want to get out.

There a complete list of books/stories that feature the dark angels? I just finished Descent of Angels and Fallen Angels... very difficult reads to be honest. I have Kadillus and Age of Darkness too, but haven't gotten too far in them as the writing is just so bad.

There a complete list of books/stories that feature the dark angels? I just finished Descent of Angels and Fallen Angels... very difficult reads to be honest. I have Kadillus and Age of Darkness too, but haven't gotten too far in them as the writing is just so bad.

Yes, Yes they are.

The compiliation "Deathwing" contains the shorts "Deathwing" and "Unforgiven" Two of the best stories.

"Eye Of Terror" has cameos by a fallen Captain and semi fallen Sarge

"Angels of Darkness" is a very heavy read. I didnt get what Gav was trying to say till I read it a second time.

"Purging of Kadillus" I have not read.

The two HH novels are not really worth your time.... I read them again recently and I think better of them the second time through but still not awesome...

Gav Thorpe is working on a trillogy that kicks off at the start of the year with "Ravenwing" and will follow on (or prequal, not sure about that) the books "AoD" and "PoK"

Are there more shorts/books that I have missed guys?

Yes there are:

Sons of Fenris(DA and SW do not get along in this book)

The falls of Marakross

Vindicare

A balance of faith

Tears of blood

Savage weapons

Dark vengeance

The ascension of Balthasar (CD)

Malediction (CD)

The Lion

Easy prey

Lookin through the 6:th edition rule book. We are not considered Battler brother on the allied chart like rest of the marines(not counting GK). Is it not time for them to get over that our Primarch punched theirs.

Edit spelling errors.

Yes there are:

Sons of Fenris(DA and SW do not get along in this book)

True but not even the Wolves act in accordance with the background much less the DA's
The falls of Marakross

Vindicare

A balance of faith

Tears of blood

Savage weapons

Dark vengeance

The ascension of Balthasar (CD)

Malediction (CD)

The Lion

A short in the compilation "The Primarch's
Easy prey

Lookin through the 6:th edition rule book. We are not considered Battler brother on the allied chart like rest of the marines(not counting GK). Is it not time for them to get over that our Primarch punched theirs.

Edit spelling errors.

What's Easy Prey in? There is also a couple comic shorts in the "Warhammer" comic book and "Inferno" short story magizines. Specifically a Ravenwing story and a "Terror of Death" story and another that had a minor character as a DA flamer trooper in a DeathWatch squad with a Wolf... Good luck finding any of the Warhammer comic books or Inferno mag's tho...

Easy prey are an 10(approximately) pages action sequence.

Inferno 1 has a DA story called Terror of death.

Speaking of issue 1, Terror of death, you got a PM.

Thank you for the link Cypher 102. That is an awesome page filled with pure goodness.

Archived