Biker Command Squad - Best Power Weapon?

Reichfaust

I really like the Power Weapon variations in 6th and am looking to build a Biker Command squad built around them. They will most likely be joined by my Biker Captain, armed with a Fist/Claw combo.

I think a Command squad all armed with Power Mauls could be pretty good; PA still get saves against em but the squad will be wounding marines on 2's and causing concussions. From an aesthetic standpoint however I think Lances are probably the best looking, and they're not bad rules wise either... Maybe I should just go balls to the wall with 4xPlas/4xShield/4xPowerFist. Your thoughts?

I think plas shield and fist might be a tad expensive, especially as they're already on bikes, I suppose its all down to your list and the job you want done. Jack of all trades in my opinion is a bit of an over reach for a squad where only four models get goodies, no matter. how good the goodies.

I think spears would look awesome on a bike squad though!

If I'm running Kor'sarro Khan, lances every time. His granting hit and Run to the squad is huge for lances.

If I'm running a standard Biker Captain, swords or mauls. You want to retain weight of attacks in a standard Captain build. You aren't ever going to throw a Bike Command Squad at Terminators.

However, if you want a good, all-rounder unit, take a powerfist or power axe, a lance, and two swords (one of which should be your company champion). Apothecary doesn't get any upgrades, sadly. Also, bring meltabombs for anyone not armed with a powerfist. This gives you a good mix of AP values, S values, and I values. You have a reasonable chance of taking down most non-dedicated-assault units in the game this way.

I'd skip the lightning claw on the Captain, as well. You have 4 attacks with the powerfist on the charge, you don't really need 5, especially not at that points cost. The only thing auto-killing your Captain in a challenge will be a force weapon or some fancy wargear. In that case, you send in the Company Champion instead.

If I'm running Kor'sarro Khan, lances every time. His granting hit and Run to the squad is huge for lances.

If I'm running a standard Biker Captain, swords or mauls. You want to retain weight of attacks in a standard Captain build. You aren't ever going to throw a Bike Command Squad at Terminators.

However, if you want a good, all-rounder unit, take a powerfist or power axe, a lance, and two swords (one of which should be your company champion). Apothecary doesn't get any upgrades, sadly. Also, bring meltabombs for anyone not armed with a powerfist. This gives you a good mix of AP values, S values, and I values. You have a reasonable chance of taking down most non-dedicated-assault units in the game this way.

I'd skip the lightning claw on the Captain, as well. You have 4 attacks with the powerfist on the charge, you don't really need 5, especially not at that points cost. The only thing auto-killing your Captain in a challenge will be a force weapon or some fancy wargear. In that case, you send in the Company Champion instead.

I like the idea of Khan leading a squad of Lancers--I had no idea Khan granted Furious Charge as well as Hit and Run! Str 6 Ap3 on the charge sounds too good to pass up. Do Power lances paired with a bolt pistol receive a bonus attack in close combat? Also, would you consider it worthwhile putting a single Fist or a Hammer in an all-lance squad?

I like the idea of Khan leading a squad of Lancers--I had no idea Khan granted Furious Charge as well as Hit and Run! Str 6 Ap3 on the charge sounds too good to pass up. Do Power lances paired with a bolt pistol receive a bonus attack in close combat? Also, would you consider it worthwhile putting a single Fist or a Hammer in an all-lance squad?

Yes, you get the bonus attack for the pistol, AFAIK.

The single fist/hammer couldn't hurt. It's nice for insurance, but not entirely necessary.

The only thing auto-killing your Captain in a challenge will be a force weapon or some fancy wargear. In that case, you send in the Company Champion instead.

You always send in the Company Champion. He has to fight challenges whenever possible.

The only thing auto-killing your Captain in a challenge will be a force weapon or some fancy wargear. In that case, you send in the Company Champion instead.

You always send in the Company Champion. He has to fight challenges whenever possible.

Negative. That rule applies only to the Chapter Champion. The Company Champion has no such restriction. He's just a guy with a power sword, a combat shield, and WS5 (and the Character rule).

Archived