Custom Grey Knight Apothecary

FF151

Hey Guys,

I am building a 6 Paladin squad to accompany my Crimson Fists. I know the 6 Paladins are a TON of points, but I am doing it for the fun of it! All the models I have are the old metal models but I do have access to some new plastic bits....

The reds just don't show up right on the video or the picture, there is much more depth and smooth transition to the bare eye than what the lense captures. Please keep that in mind if you are going to critique the fig. But please do!! Please leave a comment good or bad!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8317/7985894023_dd89427859.jpg

Grey Knight Apothecary by ff151, on Flickr

I have attached a picture but the real goodyness is in my 1080P HD 360 View of him here....

Cat

Thanks so much, YOU SCARED ME!!! Lols...

I went back to the codex and I cannot see why I can't use a BB on an apothecary instead of a Force sword. These however are Paladins, not terminators if that makes a difference. I also ran it through the 6th ed army builder and it allows me there too. I hope they are right because these are my playable armies!

I admit, I believe you can't upgrade the Apothecary in any way at all as he, stat-line wise, ceases being a Paladin once you make him an Apothecary, and you can only give the banner to a Paladin. No codex in hand, but I'm pretty certain that's the case, sadly. :lol:

But he looks awesome, make no mistake.

Hmmmmmm, the Paladin entry in the codex says "one model", and Army builder allows it (not to say that verifies anything though)..... Does anyone know has this been FAQ'D? I guess it will be somewhat easy enough to break the crazy glue bond if I have to remove this arm and put it on another :lol:

This was also discussed on a previous thread...'

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=226602

As I said, codex is not in hand. I'd be happy to be wrong about it. :lol: Seems to be the case that I am! Sorry for the confusion. It's true, what DK2K says: Command Squads and Honor Guards from the other codecies do have that issue. Looks like Paladin Apothecaries got a free pass (which I missed).

It's a very good thing; the shading on your banner is remarkable.

Thanks Guys,

The shading was actually done with an airbrush first to get the glowy effect from the broken planet, then everything else was hand painted including the highlighting on the cloth parts of the banner. In real life, the banner actually looks better than the pic or vid.

Cheers!

Archived