Screamer two-step

Morticon

Simple question, 5th ed had various specifications regarding how turbo moves were made.

This is not the case in 6th ed.

As a result we have players locally who have asserted that they can do their screamer "slash attack" by boosting forward 12" (for example) then boosting back 12" and claiming the attack.

i cannot find anything RAW to show that this is not legal.

Thoughts? Am I missing something? Just seems so broken.

Were they part of the WD update? I havent had a chance to look at that yet.

Here the thing- as jetbikes they ignore terrain models etc- so on that end were good. If they are within 12" they could move the 12" in the movement phase and then turboboost back out, no problem.

With just a turboboost movement though, because the rules for measuring distances say we always count as measuring from closest point to closest point. The movement rules state that each model must be moved and once set in its new position thats it, youre done with that model...

So its a grey area as far as I can see. Theres nothing saying that you measure from start position to end position, even if the closest point statement does seem to imply that somewhat.

Well, on page 45 of the BGB, it says "Bikes and Jetbikes cannot shoot, charge, or execute any other voluntary action for the rest of the turn after Turbo-boosting". While I do not have the Chaos Demons codex or WD update, the "slash attack" sounds voluntary, so I would think that the second 12" move would be disallowed based on the BGB page. That or the "slash attack" would be.

Well, on page 45 of the BGB, it says "Bikes and Jetbikes cannot shoot, charge, or execute any other voluntary action for the rest of the turn after Turbo-boosting". While I do not have the Chaos Demons codex or WD update, the "slash attack" sounds voluntary, so I would think that the second 12" move would be disallowed based on the BGB page. That or the "slash attack" would be.

Not if its like many of the DE attacks- all you have to do is move over the enemy model and the attack happens automatically.

Not if its like many of the DE attacks- all you have to do is move over the enemy model and the attack happens automatically.

Do note that the attacks are only resolved during turbo boost move as the codex implies (p29 of de codex)

Archived