Dark Vengeance PA Mark

Artein

So....

I have DA miniatures from the new starter set and I've been thinking about using them as Fallen Angels in my Black Legion army.... What armour mark are they using? I can't really tell but I don't want to convert them too heavily, converting limited Chaplain for an ex-NL Dark Apostle will be challenging enough. Looks like mk. VII to me but I'm not good at it.... I don't want to have so new PA on my Fallen Angels.

Sure it can be newer PA. What else would fine new DA recruits wear? Y'know the ones who hear about the "secret" from Fallen Angels first before the Deathwing.

Oops, speaking of DW, I think I hear them coming now...

*fires up the engines on the stolen Thunderhawk and departs quickly*

If you combine them with some CSM parts, they look great as Fallen. Here are a couple of mine that I've started working on:

First Fallen Angel test minis painted. I feel like there is something missing, but I'm not really sure... Maybe it's just the lack of robes. I might have to get a DA upgrade set and make 2 squads of these guys so I can ad some more robes.

http://imageshack.us/a/img19/4314/fallenleft.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img684/764/fallenright.jpg

I'm going to get painting the rest of the squad, but if anyone has any suggestions for how to improve them, let me know!

All of the Tactical Marines are wearing Mark 7 body armors, with two of the helms being a Mark 6 type, and one of them being a "knightly" style helm (resembles those of the Grey Knights Aegis Armor helms) that could be simply an aesthetic modification of the Mark 7 helm, or a retooled/stylized Mark 2 or Mark 3 helm - that particular one is used on the Plasma Cannon bearer (although you might be able to convert the body for someone else, I haven't tried yet, but it looks simple enough). The rest of the helms are Mark 7 varieties. The Tactical Sergeant wears Mark 8 armor, judging by the collar/neck guard. We can't see the power cable casings on the abdomen, so we can't know for sure.

To me, they are too new for Fallen, since Mark 6 was still in pre- to early production phase by the time the destruction of Caliban occured, but some scavenging of newer armor marks probably would have occured, ala the Night Lords. However, the thing that shoots the "Fallen army" idea down is the fact that the Fallen don't gather up in an army, most probably don't even know about each other (they get spit out randomly in time and space locations), but even if they did form into a couple of squads, it would likely be under Cypher's leadership and they'd likely simply be augmented by Chaos or renegade forces of some other variety to form an actual "army".

There's nothing saying that the Fallen wouldn't replace broken or damaged armor with more recent versions stolen from others.

As for traitor Dark Angels after the Fall, I seem to remember an old Black Library story about a Dark Angel marine falling into a sus-an trance after a space battle and drifting into the eye of terror to be found by a Fallen. He was then corrupted to the path of Chaos. I also seem to remember some pictures of Dark Angels among the Red Corsairs. Either way I imagine the Unforgiven would treat them the same as the Fallen. That would be an interesting interrogation: "Tell me why you sided with Luther against the Lion!" "What are you talking about!?"

If you combine them with some CSM parts, they look great as Fallen. Here are a couple of mine that I've started working on:

First Fallen Angel test minis painted. I feel like there is something missing, but I'm not really sure... Maybe it's just the lack of robes. I might have to get a DA upgrade set and make 2 squads of these guys so I can ad some more robes.

http://imageshack.us/a/img19/4314/fallenleft.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img684/764/fallenright.jpg

I'm going to get painting the rest of the squad, but if anyone has any suggestions for how to improve them, let me know!

There is nothing missing its just they are chaos marines with DA shoulder pads. The first think that comes to your mind when you see them is chaos marine. Sorry if it sounds rude, it is not intended but they are a bit bland for what you want to represent at least IMHO. But as you said they are test models so they are ok really.

Simply put, you need more icons and stuff on them and preferably defiled if you are going the chaos route.

I'm not a fan of big horns, outside a full-on-mutant-crazy-wibble-chaos force, so I'd change that helmet. I'd also take a knife to those clean chapter badges and mutilate them a bit.

That would be an interesting interrogation: "Tell me why sided with Luther against the Lion!" "What are you talking about!?"

:D

That had me laughing (a dangerous thing when you're checking the boards at work.) I can just picture the hilarity the ensues. I almost want to believe that the DA are so guarded against traitors not for the obvious reasons but just to keep their dealings with the fallen from getting even more complicated.

Archived