What makes a DC List

Grey Knight Purifier

Keep 'm cheap and cuttie.

6-8 with 2x Power Sword and 1x Thunder Hammer.

Most field them in a Stormraven or Land Raider, the Rhino/Droppod is also an option but not a guarrantee they will arive in enough numbers to do some actual dmg.

Mechlist can put them quite save in a Rhino.

Personally I don't use them, go up heavy in cost fast and while really good, I think they do not fill in the weaknesses of the army very well.

IF they where scoring it would be a whole different story offcourse.

Yep. True all DC means no scoring units. You have to tale to win in most battles, particularly tough in objective heavy 6th. Not being able to assault out of Rhino/Razor now also hurts and JPs are expensive. That's why Raven/Raider are the most popular delivery mechanism. If you're going for it you'll need Astorath to remove the one DC per army restriction. After that I agree w/ the advice to go 6-8 per unit w/ 1-2 swords and a fist/hammer. That's big enough to deal with almost any other unit and more than that gets expensive very quickly. I'd say most BA players use a single unit as a powerhouse cc unit, although bolters are move popular now that they can fire and still charge.

They've always been able to fire and charge. The change up that makes Bolters so popular is they can move and fire the full 24" which makes for a 30" threat range on foot, 36" with jump packs. I myself have two units of DC. One five man squad with jump packs, bolt guns and a fist, the other one a ten man unit without jump packs, with Bolters and a fist. They tend to eat anything that comes near them with a Reclusiarch/chaplain in tow.

As mentioned before 6-8 with jump packs an axe and a power fist, no more than that usually. I have had some sucess with putting 2 infernus pistols in the squad and am increasing mine to 8 models, while it ups the points having two close range strength 8 AP1 meltas adding 2+ on vehicle damage table in an close combat weapon is helpful. Sometimes you may find an unprotected vehicle and dropping in and slagging it increases DC use significantly. More importantly in a best scenario its instant cover.

Otherwise 9 DC with 1 fist, 1 axe, 1 or 2 infernus pistols and bolters in a drop pod. There are 3-4 powers in divination that sync well with DC if you don't want to take a chaplain.

I run mine with 7 models and jump packs, 2 IPs, 1 fist 1 axe 1 sword and Lemartes, They are devastating on anything, they should be for 450 pts. I always try to run them into scoring troops they are troop killers first and foremost. DC usually die but always get their points back and disrupt things horribly for someone. The jumppacks cost a mint I use them because the increased assault range gets them safely into combat sooner. Hammer of wrath is a bonus.

As mentioned before 6-8 with jump packs an axe and a power fist, no more than that usually. I have had some sucess with putting 2 infernus pistols in the squad and am increasing mine to 8 models, while it ups the points having two close range strength 8 AP1 meltas adding 2+ on vehicle damage table in an close combat weapon is helpful. Sometimes you may find an unprotected vehicle and dropping in and slagging it increases DC use significantly. More importantly in a best scenario its instant cover.

Otherwise 9 DC with 1 fist, 1 axe, 1 or 2 infernus pistols and bolters in a drop pod. There are 3-4 powers in divination that sync well with DC if you don't want to take a chaplain.

I run mine with 7 models and jump packs, 2 IPs, 1 fist 1 axe 1 sword and Lemartes, They are devastating on anything, they should be for 450 pts. I always try to run them into scoring troops they are troop killers first and foremost. DC usually die but always get their points back and disrupt things horribly for someone. The jumppacks cost a mint I use them because the increased assault range gets them safely into combat sooner. Hammer of wrath is a bonus.

this unit is illegal. One can take only 1 IP per 5 DC models....

I run 6-7 and Lemartes with jump packs, power fist and 1-2 power axe's. It's an insanely expensive unit coming in at 400 - 450 points but they are a huge distraction for your opponent and will make an absolute mess of anything they get their hands on.

I find they like the taste of devs/heavy weapon teams the best :sick:

Disregarding Tactical Viability, what would 750-1000 points of pure Death Company look like? I was unaware that they were (unscoring) troops, and I want to ally them into my Templars, to count as Sword Brethren.

Well, you can only have one squad of DC, so if you don't want to use Astorath and play your Sword Brethren with JP(you know, fluff and so on :) ), that's going to be one big squad or a squad of DC and a Dread. Since you have to take a HQ better go with a Reclusiarch so you can attach him to your DC.

Maybe, just maybe, you should aim for 500 points of DC in your Templar army, add a HQ and go for it. Without JP you have a huge bodycount and still enough points left for some special weapons. Even though the real sword brethren can have stormshields and veteran abilities, which are good points to take them(mostly fluff-wise).

Snorri

In my 2000 point army I am running 19 of them, all with bolters, and I have my Librarian and a Lyssander counts as(via allies) attached to the squad. They absolutely slaughter, and Lyssander turns them into even more of a murder machine.
!!!

What's wrong with running a gigantic blob of psychopathic marines boosted by a psycher and a powerful Terminator lord? (Sure, they take up a chunk of points and aren't scoring, but that doesn't matter as much when my scoring units end up being ignored out of fear.)

Archived