Which DA models are new? Which are being replaced?

ArmageddonBorn

I've been away from 40k for quite a while and I was thinking about picking up some of the new dark angel models to start an army. I heard that they are releasing new Dark Angel models, but the trouble is I don't know which DA models are new and which ones are the old ones. Looking at the GW site, I can't seem to tell.

Besides the new models in Dark Vengeance, which DA models are new? Which models, on the GW website, will probably be replaced? And finally, what are the new DA models coming out? Thanks!

It all depends on how long you've been away for.

Apart from those in the Dark Vengeance 40K set and the Citadel starter paint set, nothing since our last codex: The DA Company Master, Sammael, the Ravenwing Battle force, the RW Bike squadron, DA Veterans and the RW and DA upgrade sprues.

No other specific DA models have been released in years – well since 3rd Edition days anyways. We have no news of new DA models as of yet, though rumours are rife with a new Sammael model, amongst others.

Cheers

I

Sadly because of GW's new-ish "no news, updates or leaks until the White Dwarf comes out" policy, there will be no official GW endorsed statement of what models will be coming out. We usually start getting pictures posted from the newest White Dwarf around a week to a week and a half prior to the actual market date for White Dwarf, which means for next month, images will possibly start showing up around the middle of next week. Other than that, all we have are rumors, and personally, while I might formulate speculative army lists around rumors, I will not plan purchases around them.

Assume everything is old and wait and see what happens when the new Dark Angels Codex hits (which has been rumored to be as early as next month - in which case we should see pre-order announcements in the next two weekends - and as late as April/May 2013) if you only want the absolute latest versions of any models.

You're asking the right questions, unfortunately no one, including GW, will be able to give you an official and concrete answer to it.

Nothing as new as Dark Vengeance has been released for the Dark Angels. The last new Dark Angels model was the Finecast Sammael on Jetbike, and that was this year, IIRC.

Nothing else for the Dark Angels has been released for at least two years previous, more like three to four years.

While I don't have specific production dates, I can give you the editions that models were produced:

2nd Edition Models:

Azrael, Supreme Grand Master

Ezekiel, Grand Master of Librarians

Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain Asmodai

Dark Angel Deathwing Terminator

Dark Angels Deathwing Terminator Sergeant

Dark Angel Sergeant (This one I'm not totally sure on, could be 3rd Edition)

Dark Angel Sergeant

Dark Angel Standard Bearer

3rd Edition Models:

Dark Angel Space Marines

Dark Angel Tactical Sergeant

4th Edition Models:

Dark Angels Ravenwing Battleforce

Dark Angels Ravenwing Bike Squadron

Dark Angels Ravenwing Accessory Pack

Dark Angels Chapter Upgrade Frame (Just the Veterans frame)

Dark Angels Company Master (A model very similar was originally released for 2nd Edition, but is no longer available through GW)

Sammael, Master of the Ravenwing (Originally released in metal in 4th Edition - IIRC - and was upgraded to Finecast earlier this year)

Dark Angels Company Veterans Squad (Veterans frame, special weapons and sergeant sprue, and bases)

That's everything currently available on the GW site.

So far as I know, there is no production date list. You may be able to find information on that by searching the 'Net.

Archived