Are BA lists viable without librarians?

wulfric_1066

I'm usually a Space Wolf player, and this year's army build is Imperial Guard, so forgive me for not knowing the ins and outs of the Blood Angel codex.

That said - I am looking at getting stuff together for next year's army, and I am very tempted to build a pre-heresy World Eater army using the Blood Angel codex to give me a close assault themed list. Looking over the lists in the BA pages, every one seems to take librarians of one flavour or another. I understand that restricting myself to 'no psykers' is going to be sub-optimal, but I'm not looking for a world-beater (just a world eater :( ).

So... is a list without librarians going to be able to give a good game?

Cheers,

Wulfric

Do a full DC army, not very tactical and won't win you many tournaments, but it's sooo fun to play!

And fluffwise it's with the World eaters since almost every model you'll place on the board has rage.

HQ

Astorath

Elites

Chaplain

Chaplain

Troops

DC with JP + Lemartes

DC with JP

DC

DC

DC Dread

DC Dread

HS

Stormraven

Stormraven

Lots of fun, lots of points!

You don't need to go all out DC to represent WEs. I use C:BA for my PH-WEs & I run,

Reclusiarch

SHPs

Furiosos

Terminators

Honour Guard

Assault Squads

Tac Squads

DC

DCD

MM Attack Bikes

Predators

Land Raider

Devs

Stormraven

Theres a website called The Great Crusade which has loads of info, also try googling 'Pre Heresy World Eaters'. There are plenty of people who've done this, most using C:BA.

- Dallas

I'd second the suggestion of waiting for the Forge World boom to be released next weekend, as World Eaters will have an official heresy era (Istvan III) list in that book along with Sons of Horus, Emperors Children and Dearh guard. These lists should include both loyal and traitor characters from the novels as well as some new ones and Primarchs!

Archived