New codex

Apahllo

I'd like to see 10 man Terminator squads again, a cool parry rule when we use power swords and something other than the Tempest. I hate the land speeder model with a fiery passion.

GET! OUT! :P

The landspeeder is one of the things that got me into 40k to begin with. Its part of the reason that I play DA. It is a beautiful flying brick of death and improbable physics and I love every part of it.

I'd like to see 10 man Terminator squads again, a cool parry rule when we use power swords

...like boosting the 5++ to 4++, but only in melee? That, being balanced by the power sword not being AP2, would be fairly balanced, IMHO...OTOH, it would have to give a 2++ when combined with a stormshield, and that would definitely be OP!

Hi.

Ultramarine tactical marines have their fallbacking rules attached to them, Blood Angels get the Black Rage, SW get Stubborn and counter-attack...I would like to see Bolter drill and Intractable (3rd ed codex 2nd ed style) for Dark Angels this is the minimum.

As for CyberLions and lions here and there, Dark Angels ARE the lions, but this post sums up it well ;) :

The Ravenlions, an elite branch of the Ravenwing who ride cyber-lions... that also have wheels! All the advantages of both Cavalry and Bikes combined.

The Lionwing, an even more elite branch of the Ravenlions, whose cyber-lion-bikes are cyber-lion-jetbikes! Because the only thing cooler than a Space Marine on a lion-crossed-with-a-motorbike, is a Space Marine on a lion-crossed-with-a-motorbike THAT FLIES.

The Grey Knights got a Dreadknight, which is a bit like a Terminator riding a giant Terminator. I WANT TO GO ONE BETTER. Give the Dark Angels an Angelknight, which is like a Dreadknight but for us, but also give us an Angelknightknight, which is a Terminator riding a giant Terminator riding an EVEN MORE giant Terminator.

Our last edition allowed a Company Master to carry a vast quantity of wargear -- for example, you could give him a pair of Lightning Claws AND a combi-melta AND a plasma pistol. If a mere Company Master can have all that, give Belial and Sammael MORE STILL! Belial: twin Thunder Hammers, a Multi-Melta built into his left eye, at least five kinds of grenade. And a jetpack. Sammael gets his Land Speeder, but a bit beefed up (14/14/12, maybe), and if the enemy destroys his Land Speeder, he RIDES OUT from the flaming wreckage, on his jetbike. Which by this point is also a lion. Obviously.

Thanks for that.

Anything else? Obviously affirmative, but Asmodai-fans will corner me to room 666.

Cheers.

Hi.

Ultramarine tactical marines have their fallbacking rules attached to them, Blood Angels get the Black Rage, SW get Stubborn and counter-attack...I would like to see Bolter drill and Intractable (3rd ed codex 2nd ed style) for Dark Angels this is the minimum.

As for CyberLions and lions here and there, Dark Angels ARE the lions, but this post sums up it well :cuss :

The Ravenlions, an elite branch of the Ravenwing who ride cyber-lions... that also have wheels! All the advantages of both Cavalry and Bikes combined.

The Lionwing, an even more elite branch of the Ravenlions, whose cyber-lion-bikes are cyber-lion-jetbikes! Because the only thing cooler than a Space Marine on a lion-crossed-with-a-motorbike, is a Space Marine on a lion-crossed-with-a-motorbike THAT FLIES.

The Grey Knights got a Dreadknight, which is a bit like a Terminator riding a giant Terminator. I WANT TO GO ONE BETTER. Give the Dark Angels an Angelknight, which is like a Dreadknight but for us, but also give us an Angelknightknight, which is a Terminator riding a giant Terminator riding an EVEN MORE giant Terminator.

Our last edition allowed a Company Master to carry a vast quantity of wargear -- for example, you could give him a pair of Lightning Claws AND a combi-melta AND a plasma pistol. If a mere Company Master can have all that, give Belial and Sammael MORE STILL! Belial: twin Thunder Hammers, a Multi-Melta built into his left eye, at least five kinds of grenade. And a jetpack. Sammael gets his Land Speeder, but a bit beefed up (14/14/12, maybe), and if the enemy destroys his Land Speeder, he RIDES OUT from the flaming wreckage, on his jetbike. Which by this point is also a lion. Obviously.

Thanks for that.

Anything else? Obviously affirmative, but Asmodai-fans will corner me to room 666.

Cheers.

Actually, Space Wolves don't have Stubborn. Assuming the minor chapters of the Vanilla Marines codex do not count, Stubborn is still up for grabs! Although, it seems irrelevant due to the new all powerful version of ATSKNF. Auto rallying, even within 6" of an enemy, and then take your turn as normal after a 3" consolidation. Who needs fearless?

I'd like to see 10 man Terminator squads again, a cool parry rule when we use power swords

...like boosting the 5++ to 4++, but only in melee? That, being balanced by the power sword not being AP2, would be fairly balanced, IMHO...OTOH, it would have to give a 2++ when combined with a stormshield, and that would definitely be OP!

Not like that, but an actual 2nd edition parry rule. Causing the opponent to re-roll a to hit roll I believe. Else that's just a rip off from the GK sword.

GET! OUT! :)

NO YOU! :)

But in all honesty, I thought the same thing when I first started, they looked awesome. But the older I get and the more I look at these new flyers I don't like the look at them at all. I love the look of the Stormraven and the Stormtalon. And hope to see at least one of them in our codex. Hopefully both, which I doubt, but a man can dream can't he?

And what armies do deathwing better?

Paladins? They're expensive. And for every paladin they invest in, the fewer support units their going to get and the easier it will be to out maneuver them. Tarpit them with a unit of deathwing. They're going to last at least a couple rounds against them and give you time to move around them. They're also not a fan of AP1/2 weapons. And in order to make these guys scoring, you either need a grandmaster or draigo, neither of which are cheap.

So why jump straight to Paladins then, Grey Knights can field 1 wound terminators as troops without needing to take any special characters for an entirely similar price to Deathwing, sure there are differences, advantages and drawbacks to each one in terms of the options available, but they are at least on par with Deathwing, if not better. Personally I think things like their S5 stormbolters and ability to strike at I6 makes them decidedly better, let alone psyk-out grenades, preferred enemy (daemons), being psykers, having force weapons/hammerhand, being able to be taken in 10 man units (and combat squad back down to 5).

Paladins? They're expensive. And for every paladin they invest in, the fewer support units their going to get and the easier it will be to out maneuver them. Tarpit them with a unit of deathwing. They're going to last at least a couple rounds against them and give you time to move around them. They're also not a fan of AP1/2 weapons. And in order to make these guys scoring, you either need a grandmaster or draigo, neither of which are cheap.

So why jump straight to Paladins then, Grey Knights can field 1 wound terminators as troops without needing to take any special characters for an entirely similar price to Deathwing, sure there are differences, advantages and drawbacks to each one in terms of the options available, but they are at least on par with Deathwing, if not better. Personally I think things like their S5 stormbolters and ability to strike at I6 makes them decidedly better, let alone psyk-out grenades, preferred enemy (daemons), being psykers, having force weapons/hammerhand, being able to be taken in 10 man units (and combat squad back down to 5).

who says our new DW wont be just as good?

I can easily see preffered enemy: Chaos being added to them, and Vengeance Rounds for their Stormbolters as an option. Whether or not we get it is another matter, but why not? It makes sense based on the background.

I'm not denying the GK termies are good, but a whole army of them isn't an efficient list. Yes, they are more deadly but also more fragile. AP2 is their worst enemy. And unlike paladins, they don't get to keep going after failing a save from a plasma gun. Sure, they can get S5 storm bolters for a price, but so can strikes. Sure, they die twice as fast, but their half the price, get dedicated transports and can sweeping advance. In fact, ever advantage you gave to GKTs are also available to strikes. I also play GKs, and I rarely use GKTs because everytime I think about it, I remember that I can take two strikes for everyone terminator.

What deathwing do, and do the best, isn't killing, it's surviving. It's weathering the storm of 6 turns of shooting to have that last terminator still on the objective and refusing to die. No other army can survive like deathwing can. Sure, other armies can take terminators as troops but deathwing are more than that. They're an army of near immovable rocks.

Since were on the topic of new and unusual. I'll chime in with a unique Command Squad upgrade option. Sammi on his Land Speeder gets A Command Sqd upgrade of 5 Landspeeders (RWSS with better weapon/gear options, Techmarine instead of Apothecary). Different eh?

Of course on his Jetbike bikes of one sort or another are the default option.

Is there really a need for ”stubborn”? Rites of battle(hopefully we will keep) is better and ATSKNF got better in 6th also. Personally I dont see a need for stubborn. How about something cool like bs4 overwatch or something actually useful?

I've been a proponent of the BS4 Overwatch for years, just at half range.

GET! OUT! :lol:

NO YOU! ^_^

But in all honesty, I thought the same thing when I first started, they looked awesome. But the older I get and the more I look at these new flyers I don't like the look at them at all. I love the look of the Stormraven and the Stormtalon. And hope to see at least one of them in our codex. Hopefully both, which I doubt, but a man can dream can't he?

What I would like about the Land Speeder Tempest, compared to other flyers, would be the fact that we'd be the first with a true (IMO at least) 'fighter' as our flyer. It isn't a transport. It isn't a bomber. Its neither big nor clunky. Its a fighter.

I think that three of them, based heavily on the Forge World model, on flying bases zooming across a battlefield would look awesome and be terribly effective (unless they're made too expensive of course.)

I would like to see a Inner Circle Vet Squad upgrade. Lets say 50 points(maybe more) to upgrade the squad to Inner Circle Squad. Inner Circle squad comes with choice or Plasma Gun/Bolt Pistol, Bolter/Plasma Pistol, or Power Weapon/Plasma Pistol. For 5 points, Plasma Gun/Plasma Pistol. Any of the Inner Circle Squad can be equiped with Power Weapon/Storm Shield for 10 Points/model. One model can be upgraded to Apothecary, one model as Standard Bearer. Additional the Sargeant can be upgraded to Champion of the Lion for 15 points and he is equiped with a Heavenfell Blade, Combiplasma and iron halo in addtional to Krak, Frag, and Plasma Grenades.

Something like that would be awesome. You could make a new model for the Champion and most players would be able to simply older Vet squads as Inner Circle.

I dont have my ia: aeronautica handy but isnt the tempest just a skimmer withe the ability to turbo boost into "flyer", meaning it gets the hard to hit rule applied to it? Its not really a flyer itself unless they change the rules. Maybe if it was actual flyer...

I dont have my ia: aeronautica handy but isnt the tempest just a skimmer withe the ability to turbo boost into "flyer", meaning it gets the hard to hit rule applied to it? Its not really a flyer itself unless they change the rules. Maybe if it was actual flyer...

Mine's at a mates too, but I believe you are correct.

The rules for the Tempest allow it to 'fly' when nessessary (other enemy flyers present) in order to shoot them down at BS(am I right? I can't check at work :cuss ).

The rest of the time it is an average support weapon platform for a ground force and looks like a cool part of the RW (maybe also an arsenal asset but I'd prefer BLACKwing only)

I think the Tempest is all we need rules wise (even if peeps are divided on it's looks) in a new codex but as GeeDub have probably already made us something new and shiny I think it is a moot point.

s

I would like to see a Inner Circle Vet Squad upgrade. Lets say 50 points(maybe more) to upgrade the squad to Inner Circle Squad. Inner Circle squad comes with choice or Plasma Gun/Bolt Pistol, Bolter/Plasma Pistol, or Power Weapon/Plasma Pistol. For 5 points, Plasma Gun/Plasma Pistol. Any of the Inner Circle Squad can be equiped with Power Weapon/Storm Shield for 10 Points/model. One model can be upgraded to Apothecary, one model as Standard Bearer. Additional the Sargeant can be upgraded to Champion of the Lion for 15 points and he is equiped with a Heavenfell Blade, Combiplasma and iron halo in addtional to Krak, Frag, and Plasma Grenades.

Something like that would be awesome. You could make a new model for the Champion and most players would be able to simply older Vet squads as Inner Circle.

I'll second this one. But I would not limit the weapons load out.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm71/pueriexdeus/007.jpg

Type: Vehicle. skimmer, fast

Special rules: Deepstrike, Afterburner

Afterburner is used at the start of any turn to make it a Flyer and getting all the rules for a Flyer except that it may not fire any weapons. Canceled at any time by declaring it is no longer using Afterburners.

Type: Vehicle. skimmer, fast

Special rules: Deepstrike, Afterburner

Afterburner is used at the start of any turn to make it a Flyer and getting all the rules for a Flyer except that it may not fire any weapons. Canceled at any time by declaring it is no longer using Afterburners.

Bugger, I forgot that bit, cheers Jacinda.

I guess we will need some other form of AA then :lol:

s

I'm looking forward to the Ravenwing rules, hoping they bring back Dark Angels being stubborn. Just imagine Attack bikes mounting plasma cannons or assault cannons. With land speeders mounting plasma cannons too :)

I'd have speeder with twinlinked plasmagun instead heavybolter with assault cannon, please

I'm looking forward to the Ravenwing rules, hoping they bring back Dark Angels being stubborn. Just imagine Attack bikes mounting plasma cannons or assault cannons. With land speeders mounting plasma cannons too :)

If the rumors of chaplains giving preferred enemy are true, I'd rather have combat tactics than stubborn. Choose to fail morale, fall back, then rapid fire next turn. Preferred enemy would just make that deadly.

Hi.

As for CyberLions and lions here and there, Dark Angels ARE the lions, but this post sums up it well :) :

Thanks for that.

Cheers.

Actually, Space Wolves don't have Stubborn. Assuming the minor chapters of the Vanilla Marines codex do not count, Stubborn is still up for grabs! Although, it seems irrelevant due to the new all powerful version of ATSKNF. Auto rallying, even within 6" of an enemy, and then take your turn as normal after a 3" consolidation. Who needs fearless?

They had to buff ATSKNF after they spammed it to other armies.

Honestly, I don't care too much about new units. GW is a model company. They make money on models, no rules, so anything we get will be given to other marines as well.

I'd rather see rules more in line with our chapter's MO: tactics.

Infiltrating devastators

re-deploying units before the game starts but after our opponent is done deploying

moving objective markers that the enemy places

forcing the enemy to keep units in reserve/screwing with their reserve rolls

causing fear with chaplains

getting the standard of devastation back (but getting to use over watch twice since over watch gave everyone the standard for free)

skilled rider for ravenwing (again)

Stubborn for the whole army

That kind of stuff. It's great when the opponent hates your army, but doesn't know why.

Archived