UK Games Day!

Sixestohit

Like the title says! Are many of you coming to Games Day UK?

I'll be there, wearing none descript clothes and possibly a little horus heresy badge. I will have a walking stick and possibly be screaming like a little girl over models. If you see me say hi!

Anyone else heading down and want to let people know?

James.

Well... there's usually a large marine somewhere in the place, how about we agree a time to meet there? I'm fine giving my mobile number to receive/send texts from any fellow angels of death on the day.

anyone else entering Golden Daemon? I have one goal - First Cut, unlikely as that is!

I'm entering with one goal in mind: Getting in earlier than the queue <_<

James.

Well... there's usually a large marine somewhere in the place, how about we agree a time to meet there? I'm fine giving my mobile number to receive/send texts from any fellow angels of death on the day.

anyone else entering Golden Daemon? I have one goal - First Cut, unlikely as that is!

Yes I'm entering GD and I have the same ambition! I don't use a mobile phone so I'll just have to wing it.

Yes I'm entering GD and I have the same ambition! I don't use a mobile phone so I'll just have to wing it.

I may well try entering GD!!! See you lot, you've gone and made me wanna do it! Oh well

As well, if I am able to go, my closest Gw does a bus down. But that is no sure knowing of being able to go.

Btw what is there?

The Emperor

I would VERY much like to come this year because of 1) the BA exclusive mini 2) FW HH book and 3) I happen to have spare time this year. But it just happens to be so far away from Finland (we have no GD here...) that I quite can't justify the cost of the trip to myself. So sad :/

I'll be wearing: Sand Coloured Trousers, blue and white Adidas Shell toes, batman t-shirt, grey blazer, a goatee, brown thick framed glasses and a black messenger bag with a purity seal, eye of horus badge and one of the old school campaign badges :)

either greet me with 'Ali', 'Alisdair' or 'Blindhamster' and say you're from B&C :)

We travelled down and had an unfortunate series of events that led to needing a garage half way there to fix the car! As a result we didn't arrive until about half one, but still got the HH book which was great and plenty of other FW related goodness.

I met Matt Ward, the conversation pretty much went:

Me: Hi, would you sign my codex please?

MW: Would you like anything written?

Me: Could you do just something randomly inspirational or funny?

MW: I don't really do inspirational or funny.

Me: Ok, this would be awesome, would you write "To James, keep fist pumping with the Necrons"?

MW: I think I'm just going to sign it.

We didn't really talk much after that. In the mean time my friend got his space wolf book signed by Phil Kelly who seemed very cheery and commented on his beard being worthy of a space wolf player, then wrote "For Russ!" in his book. I also spoke to Jervis Johnson who was really nice and got my HH book signed by Alan Bligh who was a really nice guy too!

James.

I met DaemonPrinceDargor, he was beside me at the golden daemon area handing in his models, they were gorgeous in person!

in fact, the single mini category had a pretty silly number of extremely well painted minis this year, very impressive

Yes the quality for 40k single mini was extremely high. I'd have liked to have made the first cut, but I can totally understand why I didn't after looking at the other entries. I saw your model and it looked very impressive in the display case. Mine was the Mephiston two rows back and one to the left of your model (if you can remember it).

I was happy to see BA's being a fairly dominant demon winning subject matter.

My best bit where talking to the forge world team about the Heresy rules while thumbing through them. My worst bit was when it kind of came out that we'll be waiting quite a while for Sangunius as not only is it the end of the heresy but they are also doing multiples of the primarchs that fall and change before that. I'm happy that I got confirmation that they will be doing a model of the Emperor for at least the fight on Horus's battle barge.

Also listening to Jess Talk about his design process and looking at his concept work for both the new Chaos and Dark Eldar was very cool.

Archived