Death Company Transport Conundrum

Joasht

For me, it's 20 Death Company with jump packs, Lemartes, and a few power swords/axes/fists.

Any less, and, well, meh ^_^

Though ballsy, I really have to say, look out for that Vindi...! OH SHI!

8 Khor... uh... "Death" Compagny members are the best size imho, cheap and cutty people, CHEAP AND CUTTY!

Hi

New to 40k and Not used the death company in any games yet. Can some please explain why you would use a drop pod? I can see the sense in dropping them in the enemy lines but once you're out the pod you get to shoot but not assault. The death company would then be standing in the middle of the enemy getting shoot to pieces for a turn or am I missing something? I'd have thought much better to transport them in an assault vehicle like a land raider or storm raven for turn three assault?

Hi

New to 40k and Not used the death company in any games yet. Can some please explain why you would use a drop pod? I can see the sense in dropping them in the enemy lines but once you're out the pod you get to shoot but not assault. The death company would then be standing in the middle of the enemy getting shoot to pieces for a turn or am I missing something? I'd have thought much better to transport them in an assault vehicle like a land raider or storm raven for turn three assault?

You can drop use pod in turn 1 (drop pod assault rule), and generally you dont want to drop them to close, behind some terain but in enemy deployment. Your RAS units should be deep in enemy deployment at turn 2 so it acts kinda like a sadwich if you have dropped correctly. If you get a bad scatter you can always use the pod for some cover. You should anyways be able to get off turn 3 assaults when using them in a pod.

Land raiders are awesome but cost alot of points.

Stormravens are strong in 6th, but mostly empty or with a cheap 5man squad that you can drop on a objective turn 4 or 5. The reason flyers are so good is zooming mode, you dont really wanna go to hover mode to early and risk being shot down.

Archived