Wraithwing's (new) Dark Angels

Wraithwing

Hmmmm...... I've seen this Belial somewhere before, but I can't put my finger on it tongue.png

But seriously, that free hand with the banner is really awesome! And don't worry about imgur host, I post my pictures up there all the time for the LPC and PTR.

/wave

I bet you have!

I can come in from the cold of reddit now that the B&C is back online :D

Cheers,

WW

Hmmmm...... I've seen this Belial somewhere before, but I can't put my finger on it tongue.png

But seriously, that free hand with the banner is really awesome! And don't worry about imgur host, I post my pictures up there all the time for the LPC and PTR.

/wave

I bet you have!

I can come in from the cold of reddit now that the B&C is back online biggrin.png

Cheers,

WW

Yeah, /r/warhammer is a terrible place and should only be used to kill time if the B&C is down or you've read all the threads that interest you. though /r/warhammer40k is a decent place. I blame the moderator of /r/warhammer, he's kind of a dick :(

Priming a banner bearer black?  You have my respect sir.  Excellent recess darkening.  It motivates me to go back and attempt to make my Deathwing look as nice.  Keep it up!

Many thanks. I prime all of my Power Armoured Marines black, while I make it easier for myself and prime Deathwing white ;)

Also, have another minor update, did a little bit more on the banner:

http://i.imgur.com/l0NBPdp.jpg

Getting there...

Cheers, 

WW

Finally managed to finish my December vow. Frist combat squad for my second Tactical Squad:

gallery_5348_1577_34309.jpg

And with the previously painted sergeant:

gallery_5348_1577_21403.jpg

I do need to create new Bolter wielding Sergeants for both Tactical Squads, but these will do for now.

Time to continue work on my Penitence Vow, and then start seriously on January's vow!

Cheers,

WW

Nice work pal. Great, vibrant take on the Standard. I also like your Master - a good use of the generic part of the Chaplain. May steal some ideas from you, though my army is nearly assembled now so may have to retcon a few things.

great work there WW thumbsup.gif

i reall y like the shoulder pad on the standard bearer(i will admit i use that style on all my marines) the banner is really good,extra points for freehanding it instead of a decal.

Tac sqauds are looking top notch,seeing them inspires me back to the paint table!!

cheers Mithril

Another minor update tonight. Started to get some paint on Belial:

gallery_5348_1577_54815.jpg

gallery_5348_1577_53004.jpg

Not too happy with the red on the cloak, the chestnut ink over such a large area looks weird, so will need to redo that.

Got a bit more paint on him since this photo taken earlier too.

He's in as my January PtR vow, and my LPC vow too. Hope these WIP updates here will satisfy the LPC rules :D

Cheers,

WW

Finished my Belial, Master of the Deathwing, which is both my January PtR vow, and my LPC vow also.

Here he is:

gallery_5348_1577_48611.jpg

gallery_5348_1577_11125.jpg

gallery_5348_1577_37077.jpg

I'm relatively happy with the way he's turned out. Sword could do with a bit of work, but I'm happy with it as a fairly high tabletop standard.

C&C is, as always, most welcome.

Time to decide what to paint next!

Cheers,

WW

Wraithwing, I like almost everything about your Belial, except for the bib like thing, which is obviously not your doing (it's part of what I don't like about the official model either).  However, even that does nothing to detract from your very nice painting and color choices!  I like the depth of the green you have on the main model (although I think the green is too light on the storm bolter) and interesting choice on the heraldy shoulder pad, I like how that turned out.  Very good call on the sword swap, it makes for a very interesting Sword of Silence!

Good job all around!

• 1 month later...

Just a very minor update to this thread. Not posted anything in a while, so thought I better keep it going.

Completed my bolter only command squad:

gallery_5348_1577_24979.jpg

Hopefully, should start work on my Deathwing Knights and second Deathwing Squad soon.

Cheers,

WW

Archived