Captain in Terminator Armour loadout

Mogsam

I'm working on a small allied Space Marine army to go with my guardsmen + chimera heavy guard list. So far I have 5 teleporting terminators and 10 tactical marines in a drop pod planned. Now I'm going to lead with a captain in terminator armour and since the marvel that is Ebay exists I'm going to buy the bits I want in advance.

What is the typical build for a terminator captain? It seems to either be default storm bolter + power sword or some sort of gigantic hammer. Since I'm playing Scythes of the Emperor I could go with a Scythe but i'm unsure what they would represent!

The squad he will go with is armed with fists and storm bolters rather than combat weapons.

Any help would be appreiciated!

He can't sweep, he doesn't buff any units, including the one he's in - I'd be looking at a Librarian or Chaplain instead.

I'd normally lean towards the Chaplain, but a Librarian with GateofInfinity might be a better match for your Tactical Terminators.

If you must have a Captain, then Lysander is the goto choice.

Power swords are OK not great. With the great protection of TDA I'd consider dual lightning claws or a power axe or power fist or similar. I still think TDA is a waste of points though when artificer armour is cheaper and gives access to the relic blade.

Fair enough. I will do it anyway since I don't play in a massively competitive environment (my tyranid 1,500 point army doesn't have a single gun and does alright against most people)

Thanks for the advice though.

I'll probably pop a scythe on him and call it an axe. When I was looking through some of the codex it seems to let you pick dual thunder hammers?! I imagine it's pointless but possible?

Archived