Prime's Angels

Adeptus-Alaska

No worries BK, the Predator is gonna be next. I'm gonna try and pull a psychotic 5 vows this month! :P

You're a mad man! A MAD MAN I SAY!

Good luck man, I think you're going to need it!

well, the Tactical squad is cut, primed, joint ribbing painted, and hit with my top secret home brew Dark Angel wash.......OK, it,s not top secret at all. it's a 50/50 mix of Nuln Oil and Biel Tan green. then about 10% of 1:10 mix of flo aid and distilled water.

the sergeant's tabard is base colored as well.

well I'm chugging along with the vow. not going as fast as I'd like. my 8yo caught the flu, and he was nice enough to share it with me <_< but, I was able to get some done. just green clean-up and details. if I feel better, I'll get some more done.

well, my vow is still in the works. but I did manage to knock up something for my "four armies" thread.

here we go!

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i438/furioso-prime/20121007_130041.jpg

I used the vulcan mega-bolter from a stormsword, and the Icarus lascannon base.

just gotta figure out wich of the four armies to give it to.

• 2 weeks later...

well, I might not get all 5 vows done that I wanted.....

but the tac squad is coming along. here is the sargeant to show the new color scheme of mine.

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i438/furioso-prime/20121018_175139.jpg

for some reason I just can't wrap my head around red casing, so I went with bone instead.

Watcha think?

for some reason I just can't wrap my head around red casing, so I went with bone instead.

Gah! Now I want to repaint my sword casings from red to bone :wub:

You're a terrible influence, did you know that? B)

I'm not so sure myself... Maybe it's the picture but it could do with some shading - it looks a bit too white for my liking. I'm still in two minds...

Yeah I am kinda retarded when it comes to cameras. It looks way better in reality! Oh and the stripes are different widths because I was gonna make a third smaller one but decided against it.

• 1 month later...

;) , just :D . UP YOURS REAL LIFE!

Ahem, now that that's done, I can get into this. well after the PTR failure and not sure when I can paint at the pace I used too, I am going to take it a little slow(ish). I am still working on the DV tac squad, and have gotten some headway on the RW squad as well. I am at a roadblock with the DW, I just can't choose a way to paint the white armour. warm bone white, stark cold white, or somewhere in between. I just don't know. maybe I'll knock up some testers and put it to a vote, after all, I have a reputation for that.........

ah yes......you may have missed that. I have a "tale of Four Armies thread in the wip section. It was DA's, black templars, Marines Errrant, and Blood angels. I eventually dropped all but the DA's (I'll never surrender my dress!) so, to keep the "four" in the four armies thread, I let the B&C community vote for the three new armies out of 10 possible choices.

they chose;

Iron Snakes

Lamenters

Carcharadons Astra

so, it looks like I had better get to liking Grey, Yellow, and Gunmetal!

Archived